21 mei Global Compliance Officer – Hoogwegt Group (Successfully filled)
Hoogwegt Group is one of the world’s largest B2B suppliers of dairy products and plant-based ingredients, active in all major producing and consuming markets. The company was established in 1965 and has since grown into a company of 450 employees of which 150 work in Arnhem. Hoogwegt is privately owned and has various trading offices worldwide and is active in more than 130 countries on six continents. Last year the group achieved a turnover of more than EUR 2.8 billion. The dairy products traded by the operating companies include milk powder, whey powder, butter and cheese, as well as high-quality dairy derivatives and ingredients. Plant-based ingredients such as potato and tapioca starches, wheat gluten and sweeteners are traded by the operating company Meelunie, having its main office in Amsterdam.
As a result of the (international) expansion in recent years, our client is looking for a full-time Global Compliance Officer for the holding company, Hoogwegt Group B.V.
The position of Global Compliance Officer is broad and challenging. The main focus for the Global Compliance Officer is the design, development, implementation, monitoring and review of a risk-based compliance program. Topics currently in scope of the program are Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Trade Sanctions and Third Party Due Diligence. Integrity is one of the group’s core values in order for Hoogwegt to remain successful and to safeguard Hoogwegt’s long term continuity and reputation.
You report directly to the CEO and will work closely with the business and various staff functions, like Legal, Finance and other stakeholders. The Global Compliance Officer is expected to actively and proactively cooperate in project teams and establish and maintain contacts with the various colleagues and business partners around the world.
The activities of the compliance officer include:
- Determining the Group Compliance Program together with management;
- Advising and supporting management and operating companies worldwide on compliance related matters;
- Performing audits to check if one is acting in accordance with the group compliance policies (e.g. checking business partner forms);
- Responding to reports of misconduct and conducting internal investigations related to compliance policies;
- Monitoring the third party due diligence by the operating companies;
- Keeping up to date with legislation, improving and where necessary expanding compliance documentation (Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery & Corruption policy etc.);
- Providing training and communications to the business on implementing and maintaining policies, protocols and processes;
- Preparing periodic reports and meetings with relevant operating companies;
- Creating awareness and supporting a strong compliance culture.
You are an academically qualified (legal) compliance professional, combined with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international company, preferably within a similar trading company and with experience in (cultural) change processes.
More specifically, you have proven knowledge and expertise in compliance related topics such as money laundering, trade sanctions and anti-bribery & corruption as well as experience in setting up compliance programs and training colleagues on relevant compliance matters. Furthermore, you are a sharp and pragmatic business partner with the ability to interact at all levels of the company, being analytical and conceptual, having strong communicational and personal skills. You are fluent in both Dutch and English.
Hoogwegt is based in Arnhem and is currently building a new head office next to Arnhem Central Station. The move to the beautiful location is scheduled for 2020.
As an employee of Hoogwegt Group you are an active member of an experienced team of professionals. The working environment is fascinating with a diversity of stakeholders in the middle of the dairy and plant-based ingredients markets, where rapid decision-making and interpretation of market trends are essential for success.