06 Sep Corporate Secretary – Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds (MSREF)
MSREF Luxembourg, MSREF Jersey, MSPE Stockholm and MSREF Amsterdam (as head office) operate as an independent business unit of international investment bank Morgan Stanley (“MS”). MSREF manages more than 250 entities, active in Morgan Stanley’s various real estate, private equity and infrastructure funds. Their team of 40 young, enthusiastic and highly educated professionals provide legal and financial support to Morgan Stanley deal teams in Europe and Asia. MSREF is characterized by a result-driven, but informal atmosphere in an international dynamic setting.
- First point of contact to assist with legal issues ranging from regular corporate law queries such as wording of a power of attorney up to more complex matters in relation to investments and assessment of directors’ responsibilities.
- Advising colleagues and stakeholders on best practice and providing guidance on dealing with external advisors such as law firms and notary offices.
- Providing guidance on entity maintenance throughout its life cycle including wind-up. This will include upkeep of Trade Register records, procuring the dismissal and appointment of board members, keeping articles of association aligned with legal and deal related requirements, facilitating general meetings of shareholders for the purpose of adoption of financial statements, etc.
- Evaluation, analysis and interpretation of documents in the context of regulations and procedures.
- Coordination of reporting to Morgan Stanley on compliance with corporate governance (excluding tax and financial reporting) and general housekeeping matters of all MSREF managed entities, in particular in relation to, but not limited to, management of entity residency.
- Training and coaching of team members on maintaining corporate governance standards by and monitoring and co-supervise compliance with procedures and guidelines set for entities falling within MSREF’s scope of responsibility.
- Coordination of fee quotes and upfront fee arrangements with law firms and corporate service providers; agreeing on engagement letters.
- Point of contact for Morgan Stanley legal, tax and compliance teams.
- Board representation should be anticipated, including attendance to board meetings, review of minutes of board meetings etc.
- Co-development, implementation and improvement of legal entity management processes.
- Monitoring upkeep and maintenance of legal entity database (Blueprint).
- Coordination of 1-2-1 meetings and timely submission of Entity Health Check Cards.
- Master degree in Dutch corporate law with a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant working experience in a trust company or as a lawyer, civil law (candidate) notary or similar position;
- Excellent in business English (oral and written), fluent in Dutch;
- Entrepreneurial attitude with excellent communication skills and no hesitation to do so at all levels;
- Highly organized yet flexible and capable of multi-tasking to meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Extravert, solid though flexible personality;
- Must be able to prioritize and to work under pressure;
- Highly motivated and pro-active professional;
- Stress tolerant; and
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
A challenging role within a nice team of young and motivated professionals. Possibility to grow in this role. Involved in investment transactions at an early stage as investor and as seller. Full time job with a good salary package.