06 sep General Counsel – Capgemini Benelux (Successfully filled)
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions, including cyber security and cloud consulting that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion and an operating margin of EUR 1.5 billion.
As General Counsel you are responsible for the legal support in a large part of the company, managing over EUR 800 million in revenues. You lead the Benelux Legal team, which consists of 15 lawyers, advising Capgemini business in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg during sales process, contract negotiations, delivery and dispute resolutions, GDPR and compliance matters.
Capgemini’s legal expert team provides comprehensive support in the areas of IT commercial law, Data Privacy, Security, Competition, Public Procurement, Labour law and Intellectual Property Rights.
The General Counsel demonstrates business acumen whilst using authority based on the internal guidelines or policies. You advise and direct members of your legal team on deal structure, contracting approach, legal risks, and negotiation strategy. You maintain the relationship with peers within the Legal Function. You are responsible for communicating the Global Legal Strategy and Vision internally and based on that create a local Legal Strategy. You are responsible for managing external legal spends, meeting budget expectations and design and implement long term measures to minimize external legal spends. You maintain the relationship with internal stakeholders and local leadership teams. As a thought leader, you decide on the quality and quantity of legal support based on the business needs. You monitor the company’s legal risks and compliance and GDPR issues and act appropriately. You advise local executive teams at the most confidential level, which requires you to work closely with them.
- A pragmatic, driven and hands-on business lawyer with high quality and relevant experience, preferably in a law firm and legal department in a multinational company;
- Strong leadership skills, providing risk assessment advice from a legal and compliance perspective, with the confidence and communication ability to influence the business at boardroom level and set expectations in the multinational organization;
- In-depth experience in understanding and managing risks arising out of your work;
- Ability to successfully lead a team, foster knowledge sharing and supervise and coach team members as well as managing their career perspectives;
- Seasoned professional in conflict management, negotiation and stakeholder management;
- Expert in English and Dutch based verbal and written communications for both formal and informal settings. French language skills an advantage but not essential;
- Supervising and delivering training in a broad area of expertise and leadership projects.
A challenging role leading a highly empowered team of business oriented lawyers, working in a dynamic international environment. Unique possibilities to apply and grow leadership skills within a leading company in the field of IT consultancy, technology and outsourcing services. Capgemini is currently going through an exciting transformation programme that includes the global Legal function. This is a great time to join Capgemini and to contribute to the transformation of the company’s global Legal function.