06 sep General Counsel – Deli Home (Succesvol ingevuld)
Deli Home is a group of leading distribution companies with strategic production facilities timber, building and decorative products. Deli Home seeks to be the leading supplier in each market segment it serves. The operating companies are product specialist ‘category leaders’ targeting multiple customer segments. Categories include doors, flooring, timber, mouldings, storage concepts, insect screens and bathroom products. Well known proprietary brands are Bruynzeel, Lundia, CanDo and Skantrae. All companies have in common that they deal with relatively difficult to handle products, often based on natural raw materials. Deli Home companies are typically active in business-to-business markets, but with a firm focus on the final consumer.
Eight main operating companies trade, distribute and in many cases manufacture products throughout Europe. In fiscal year 2016, Deli Home achieved revenues of about € 230 million with some 800 employees in 10 countries. Since 2016 the majority of shares are owned by NPM Capital, who has been a minority shareholder since 2006 in the former holding company N.V. Deli Maatschappij (with its origin dating back to 1869, starting as an international trading company in tobacco and tropical products from Indonesia, Africa and South-America) and is enthusiastic to remain on board a long term shareholder.
On behalf of our client we seek to recruit an experienced Legal counsel to support the Deli Home group of companies in its Legal matters, regarding commercial contracting, corporate/M&A and compliance related responsibilities within Europe.
The Legal counsel will report to the CFO and will work close together with all stakeholders of the company, including Board and management team, Supervisory Board and shareholders.
The key areas of responsibility will focus on all aspects of the Legal function, in an internationally operating company with active shareholder participation:
- Commercial: is hands-on in managing commercial contracting for all group companies, both in Sales and Procurement, and additional IP, IT or labour law related matters. Operates close to the business to identify and mitigate key risks. Provides strong Legal guidance to senior management with regard to the Legal aspects of suppliers, customers and third party stakeholders;
- Corporate and Compliance support: Secretary to the Board and to the Supervisory Board. Manages the agenda and the minutes of the Board, including corporate housekeeping and compliance matters. Trusted Legal business partner for senior management in potential acquisitions and divestitures processes. Operates pro-actively and provides Legal leadership in communicating with senior management and other key stakeholders in these processes;
- A pro-active and hands-on Legal boardroom advisor, with a University Degree in Law and at least 10 years relevant experience in an international business environment;
- A strong track record in both general Commercial and Corporate focus areas, within an international (retail) company and/or law firm;
- Additional experience in IP/IT, insurance law and/or labour law will be highly appreciated;
- Detail as well as results oriented professional, who is able to operate under stress, at all levels;
- A down to earth and hands-on business partner, able to manage Legal from a sole position. Has the competence and experience to provide a strong contribution in both basic and complex business matters;
- Able to relate to and communicate with all levels of the business, across borders and cultural lines;
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Fluent in English and Dutch. Professional working knowledge of French and/or German are considered an advantage.
A challenging and rewarding position as sole legal counsel in an innovative and growing international B2B environment with great opportunities to add value to a variety of legal business cases.
Part-time employment (0,6 to 0,8 FTE) is preferred.