06 sep General Counsel Europe (stand-alone, fulltime) – TPV
TPV is an internationally-renowned PC monitor and TV manufacturer. It has been listed on both the Hong Kong and Singapore stock exchanges since 1999. TPV serves as an original design manufacturer for some of the best-known TV and PC brands in the industry and distributes its products worldwide under its own brands AOC and Envision. In addition, the company designs, produces and sells Philips-branded monitors, TVs and Mobile phones through a license agreement with Philips. The company brings high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. TPV believes in creating products that touch the human senses and are within reach of all consumers in the markets they operate in. As a leader in the Hotel industry, their Hospitality TV division serves most the world’s major international and national hotel groups, as well as individual hotels, hospitals, cruises and other professional facilities.
The company has its European Headquarters in Amsterdam. TPV employs almost 2,000 people in several locations around the globe. The European HQ of TPV Group is currently looking for a General Counsel (stand-alone).
The General Counsel supports, as the sole legal counsel, the business as well as the statutory directors in broad legal matters including but not limited to contract reviews, legal claims, corporate housekeeping and corporate restructuring. The General Counsel is responsible for all legal matters in Europe as well as any matters related to the shareholdings of the Dutch holding companies in the entities outside Europe.
As General Counsel your responsibilities will include:
- providing legal advice to business;
- developing, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and administration of various types of agreements, such as commercial, distribution, purchasing, sales, R&D, software licensing and financing contracts;
- proactively looking to hedge risk within the businesses;
- maintaining an in-depth understanding of the law as it relates to the market and interprets trends to ensure that activities remain compliant;
- providing day to day advice to management in relation to company law, corporate governance, legal strategies, statutory requirements and other elements inherent to a stand-alone, international business, headquartered in the Netherlands;
- working with external legal advisors and lawyers to align the European legal strategy for the company and proactively seeks cooperation for day to day business.
- the candidate must have a law degree and about 7 – 10 years relevant working experience, gained in an international and dynamic (business) environment, preferably within an internationally operating company. Working experience in an Asian company is considered a plus. In particular, he or she must have the following qualifications and experience:
- broad legal experience, preferably in a similar high demanding environment and business culture;
- experience with commercial contracts and preferably legal issues, in relation to sales & distribution, consumer rights, and software / apps (IT law);
- good communication skills in English, and able to work across different cultures;
- demonstrate maturity, judgment and functional expertise when solving legal issues and ability to solve complex, abstract problems while balancing resource, schedule and financial factors;
- team-oriented in an international environment;
- integrity, trustworthy and stable personality, accountable and professional sensitive.
A challenging role as the General Counsel in a dynamic and innovative business that offers you excellent opportunities. Possibility to develop broad legal skills and grow together with the company. You will receive a gross fixed annual salary in accordance with the required skills for this position.