06 jan German Legal Counsel – EMEA business support (Successfully filled)
Our client develops, manufactures and markets high-quality systems and components for industrial and automotive applications. For over a century, the company has been engineering precision parts for the world’s leading innovators. As a leading technology pioneer, the company invents, designs and manufactures complex components and customised systems as well as local solutions on demand.
Our client is committed to the engineering challenges of tomorrow, and taking responsibility for how to source, manufacture and conduct business is embedded into the culture of innovation. The group of companies is headquartered in the Netherlands, has strong roots in Germany and its expertise extends across Europe to the Americas and Asia.
On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit candicates with a German Law degree for the position of Legal Counsel at the legal department in Amsterdam.
The Legal Counsel will focus on matters related to the company’s commercial and operational activities and provide legal support to its European business units and group activities. Legal matters include contracting, claim handling and litigation related to the commercial and operational activities, managing coverage under the general liability policy, assessing business conduct relevant to competition law and data protection, identifying relevant legislative and regulatory developments and support the business units in the implementation.
As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for advising on, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial and operational contracts, including development contracts, sales contracts, supply contracts, project contracts, framework contracts, warranty contracts etc.
You will be a dedicated and trusted business partner in the worldwide organization and work closely with the Compliance Officer and General Counsel. This role involves frequent travelling, mainly within Europe.
- A German Law degree, with at least 5-6 years of relevant experience as a lawyer in an international business environment, either within a law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel;
- Understanding of and comfortable in dealing with diverse stakeholder interests;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to distill complex legal matters clearly and communicate well both in German (native level) and in English;
- Cultural and organizational sensitive, excellent business sense, flexible attitude and a pragmatic approach;
- Good negotiation and drafting skills concerning a wide variety of commercial and operational contracts;
- Highly motivated and pro-active professional.
A challenging role within a lean and highly empowered team of business oriented lawyers at the company’s headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Working in a dynamic international environment, with unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop your in-house legal advisory skills.