17 Sep Head Legal Europe (approx 32 hrs)* – Medline
Medline is a leading global healthcare company providing quality medical and surgical supplies with superior value throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Medline holds top-tier market share in more than a dozen major medical product categories around the world. In Europe, the company employs more than 800 associates throughout 16 European countries. We are looking for a Head Legal to complement Medline’s European Legal & Compliance team and to advise and support their European headquarters, product divisions and sales teams. This dynamic and independent role covers a wide variety of responsibilities in a small team. You will report to our Senior Vice President Finance and Administration.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling all legal matters within Europe, including corporate, commercial and regulatory topics as well as litigation, in close cooperation with the European compliance officer. As a small team, Legal and Compliance will be responsible for all legal matters and advice to the organization and occasionally replace each other in case of absence. You will be supported by a para-legal who responds to you.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for international commercial business relations (supply, distribution, purchase, etc.) in close cooperation with the Product Divisions as well as Sales and Customer Service teams;
• Supporting legal risk management efforts and operational activities, including identification and implementation of new legislation;
• Providing practicable legal advice and support to functional departments;
• Provide management with advice on dispute resolution and other corporate matters;
• Manage and allocate outside counsel efficiently;
• Apply training and communication to others in the organization;
• Participating in multi-discipline international (project) teams;
• Observe core values such as integrity, respect and quality and be a role model for others accordingly.
• European or Dutch law degree, with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in an international business environment;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with general contract law as well as the evolving legal regime applicable to a highly regulated industry, preferably within the medical device industry;
• Execution-driven individual with hands-on attitude;
• Ability to work independently and pro-active, take initiative and advise on a wide variety of legal matters;
• Excellent communication and organization skills, including ability to influence across cultures and disciplines;
• A good commercial sense, able to understand legal issues quickly and provide commercially sound and practical solutions to the business;
• Down to earth business partner, capable of working in a dynamic environment, whilst upholding a high legal standard and preserving legal compliance;
• Fluent in English and good command of IT (office) applications;
• Occasional travel will be required.
An autonomous position within a market leading healthcare company. You will be a key player in a fast moving company in a truly international environment. Medline offers you room to grow and develop yourself as well as a competitive remuneration and employee benefits package. *Fulltime or part-time (minimum 28 hrs) employment depending on experience and seniority. If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or to receive further information, please contact Regien Haarbosch via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 85 4880000.