12 dec Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs – Euronext Netherlands (Succesfully filled)
Euronext N.V. is the leading pan-European market infrastructure group with global reach and local presence, providing market infrastructure products and services in Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Lisbon, Milan, New York, Oslo and Paris. After completing the acquisition of Borsa Italiana Group in April 2021, Euronext has become the leading venue for secondary markets in Europe, with €12.2 billion worth of cash equities and ETFs traded on a daily basis (FY2020). The group is now the leading listing venue in Europe with more than 1,890 companies listed on its markets, for a combined market capitalisation of €5.6 trillion. It is also the leading venue for equity financing: in 2020, investors raised more than €63 billion on Euronext markets to finance companies across Europe.
Euronext operates regulated equity and derivatives markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its product range includes equities, exchange-traded funds, warrants and certificates, bonds, derivatives, commodities and indices, post-trade services as well as a foreign exchange trading platform. Euronext also provides technology and managed services to third parties.
Euronext’s registered office and corporate headquarters are situated in Amsterdam.
On behalf of Euronext Amsterdam we seek to recruit a Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs – The Netherlands.
The Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs for Euronext Amsterdam, supported by a small team, is responsible for providing expert legal and regulatory advice locally on all matters within the responsibility of the Legal Regulatory & Government Affairs Department as well as holding specific group responsibilities. The Euronext Amsterdam Head of Legal & Regulatory Affairs also contributes to the ongoing advice in relation to the Group’s holding company given it is a Dutch listed NV.
As Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, you are responsible for:
- The organization of the Dutch department with the objective of meeting business needs;
- Being the primary and lead interlocutor of the local regulators as well as for the local CEO and Executive Committee;
- Advising on all legal and regulatory aspects impacting Euronext Amsterdam;
- Acting as the primary legal and regulatory advisor at Group level on specific businesses and/or functions, including contract drafting and negotiations and new product development;
- Working with the Director of European Government Affairs, the tracking and monitoring of all relevant legislation and regulation and to identify threats and opportunities for the business;
- The supervision of outside counsels when required and managing legal costs.
In so doing you will:
- Pro-actively partner with the business and other relevant support functions, develop a thorough understanding of the commercial and strategic objectives of the company, while managing the legal and regulatory risk exposure (i.e. understand the issue and produce viable and tangible solutions);
- Think primarily “group” (i.e. assess the impact of any task on the rest of the Euronext group including the holding company or sister companies, taking into account local laws and regulations);
- Conduct rigorous analysis.
- Excellent, pro-active lawyer with commercial, business orientated attitude;
- At least 10 years’ experience in an international law firm and/or a multinational (listed) company, having worked on a medior to senior leadership level in relevant disciplines (e.g. corporate finance, financial services regulation/litigation, regulatory investigations and enforcement, etc );
- Relevant knowledge of Dutch corporate law, European and Dutch securities legislation and, ideally, a good understanding of the intellectual property rights related to market data, indices and trademarks;
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with colleagues in other business areas, external bodies and key stakeholders such as senior management, external legal counsel together with relevant regulators and policymakers;
- Ability to analyse evidence to form a view on whether a regulatory breach has occurred, what action to take, what further evidence may be needed and how this evidence might be obtained;
- Ability to assess the probable impact of evolving legislative and regulatory frameworks and propose relevant initiatives;
- Ability to apply legal analysis in principle to real life scenarios;
- The candidate is a team player, creative and pro active. Especially operating as part of an international team is vital. Transparency and pro activeness are key words.
- The candidate must be flexible and capable of working in a challenging and fast changing international environment, which will require willingness to travel regularly in order to be successful;
- Very good oral and written communication skill in Dutch and English;
Working in a highly successful and international operating department, performing in a complex and fast changing world of Legal and Regulatory systems and processes. Excellent career opportunity for a top performing, commercially minded lawyer and team manager.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Hielke Bruin or Remco Feuth at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.