21 dec Lead Litigator – Boskalis (Succesfully filled)
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. is a leading global service provider in the field of dredging, maritime infrastructure and maritime services. The company provides creative and innovative total solutions for infrastructural challenges in the maritime, coastal and delta regions of the world. With core activities such as coastal defense, riverbank protection and land reclamation, Boskalis is able to provide adaptive and mitigating solutions to counter the effects of climate change, -such as extreme weather conditions and rising sea levels- and to provide solutions for the increasing need for space in coastal and delta regions across the world. The company facilitates the development of offshore energy infrastructure, including renewable wind energy.
Boskalis is also active in the construction and maintenance of ports, waterways, access channels and civil infrastructure, thereby helping to facilitate trade flows and regional socio-economic development. In addition, Boskalis is a global maritime salvage expert and has a number of strategic partnerships. With a versatile fleet of more than 650 ships and floating equipment and 9,900 employees, the company is active in more than 90 countries on 6 continents.
The increase in international complex projects inevitably leads to an accumulation of disputes and lengthy procedures. To manage this, Boskalis is looking for an exceptional Litigator who is passionate about applying his/her claims knowledge in a fast-growing maritime multinational.
As a Lead Litigator you are responsible for managing all major disputes and claims involving Boskalis. Since the interests and risks involved in Boskalis’ activities are high, it is evident that the Lead Litigator represents the company’s interests at the highest level and at the cutting edge. Duties include negotiating settlements, verifying insurance coverage and reviewing insurance cases. Sharp on the content and with an eye for existing worldwide relationships. The Lead Litigator liaises directly with the Board where necessary and provides strategic advice on legal and insurance matters. She/he has an independent role within the company and works closely with the legal team.
- At least 10 years of experience as a lawyer and/or corporate lawyer with a focus on (management of) cross-border litigation and claims;
- The aforementioned experience is preferably gained in a comparable role with a large international contractor;
- Robust experience in managing complex procedures;
- Powerful persuasive personality; discussion and sparring partner at board level with a clear vision;
- Experience with relevant legislation and regulations and CAR insurance; knowledge of ship insurance is recommended;
- Affinity with Boskalis projects and the maritime sector;
- Instructing and directing external lawyers;
- Accurate, analytical, no-nonsense and able to reduce complex matter to the essence;
- Fluent command of Dutch and English.
- Key position in (potential) disputes with a major impact for the company;
- Independent role; high degree of autonomy in managing own work;
- Responsible for the most prominent issues within the global maritime sector;
- Working at one of the most appealing maritime organizations;
- Listed, international, complex and capital-intensive company.
If you would like to be considered for this position or If you would like to receive more information, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Friso van Deursen at Voxius Executive Search, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 085-4880000. Discretion is guaranteed.