03 apr Legal Counsel – Commercial Lawyer – Capgemini (Successfully filled)
With 200,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrated its 50th anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2017 revenues of €12.8 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience, and draws on its tailor made worldwide delivery model (Rightshore, a Capgemini trademark).
You will be part of the Netherlands Legal team, which consists of 11 lawyers and 1 legal assistant and is headed by the General Counsel Netherlands. The team delivers high quality and pragmatic legal services to all parts of the business in the Netherlands from different locations: Utrecht, Vianen and Wrocław, Poland. The Legal team is innovative, agile and focuses on business objectives. You will also be part of Capgemini’s global Legal team, with over 200 lawyers world-wide, which gives you the opportunity to work on global legal initiatives or to go abroad.
As Commercial lawyer, you will closely work together with the business in shaping, negotiating and closing deals with the customers. Your will draft, review and negotiate customer contracts, advise on bid strategy and be part of the deal review and approval process. We work in the private and public sectors. You may also advise on some post signature (delivery) matters, and you may do some sub-contracts and procurement work, although the Legal team prioritises legal work that contributes to business growth. You may also work on specific legal projects, dispute resolution and compliance matters.
- A pragmatic, motivated and hands-on business lawyer who is interested in technology, innovation and commercial contracts;
- Master’s degree in Dutch Civil Law and at least 2-3 years’ experience in drafting, reviewing, advising on and negotiating commercial contracts, obtained in private practice or in-house;
- Good communication and workload management skills;
- Native Dutch speaker and fluent in English language;
- Enjoys being part of a team, interested in learning and with a positive approach to change;
- Potential to deliver legal training to business colleagues.
An exciting opportunity to develop your legal career in an innovative team that is embedded in a leading technology business; to be part of a company that is committed to promote diversity, environmental protection and fight the digital divide or, as we call it, digital inclusion.