06 sep Legal Counsel Labour Law – Action (Successfully filled)
In just 24 years, Action has grown from a single store in Enkhuizen to over 1,000 stores across Europe, offering its customers surprising products at remarkably low prices. And Action continues to grow, it currently employs more than 40,000 employees of different backgrounds and talents and offers a challenging, dynamic and empowering place to work. Action’s work culture is driven by the same positive and no-nonsense attitude as can be found in its stores. Energy and a getting things done mentality are essential. With the same spirit and mindset, Action Legal is truly part of and heavily involved in the Action business, ranging from opening stores and establishing distribution centers to buying, marketing, employment and social relations. Working for Action is a great experience and represents an opportunity for both professional and personal growth.
Following the rapid growth of the company, a new position is created within Action’s Legal team for a legal counsel who will be in charge of international labour Law.
The Legal counsel will primarily focus on employment and social relations in a European context. Action’s international expansion fuels the need for a professional who is and feels responsible for keeping track of relevant legal developments, establishing and maintaining state of the art policies and templates, following up on relevant developments in current and new markets and playing a key role in related projects and issues. Projects include: collective employment matters, (European) employee participation(s), reorganizations and individual dismissal cases and IT (workforce management) solutions. Privacy aspects will also be a specific attention area.
Dutch qualified lawyer, with preferably about 3 to 5 years of relevant legal experience in private practice and/or industry;
- Experience in international employment, labour law and, preferably also privacy matters;
- A proactive, independent thinker with strong business sense;
- Ability to develop strong and productive working relationships and partnerships with HR partners, business managers, and legal colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be successful in a high paced retail environment;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and oral (French language skills are a plus);
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.