22 apr Legal Director – Fokker Services (Succesfully filled)
Fokker Services is a Global Aerospace Service Provider offering diverse services for regional, commercial and military aircraft types all over the world. On April 1st, 2021, Fokker Services and Fokker Techniek were acquired by the Dutch investment company Panta Holdings who took over the companies from the British concern GKN Aerospace / Fokker Technologies. Under new ownership, Fokker Services (including Fokker Techniek) will continue to invest in technology innovations, advanced processes and engineering excellence to play a leading role in the aerospace aftermarket. The company is well positioned to capture growth in various aerospace segments in a market changed by COVID-19, with its global facilities in the Netherlands, Singapore and the United States. Customers around the world can continue to rely on the 100+ years of design, production and maintenance expertise, delivering innovative total support solutions. The company has approximately 750 employees worldwide. Fokker Services will be jointly led by two experienced industry executives, former managers of Fokker Services.
We would like to get in touch with candidates for the position of Legal Director.
In this role you are ultimately responsible for all legal aspects of the organization of Fokker Services worldwide. As you are the sole legal counsel, you’ll feel comfortable operating on significant issues without or little supervision. You will work closely together with the board of directors and provide them with solicited and unsolicited advice on legal, regulatory, compliance, risks assessments and corporate matters. You will also work intensively with your colleagues at sales, procurement, compliance (export control), business development and engineering departments. Negotiating, advising and drafting various types of multi-jurisdictional commercial contracts are part of your primary task package. Additionally you will be involved with matters ranging from corporate activities to procurement, defense projects, claims handling to finance documentations and M&A. You report to both CEOs of Fokker Services who will rely on you as their trusted advisor. You will be based in Hoofddorp and/or Woensdrecht and travel occasionally to other (inter)national sites.
- Master Degree of Law (LLM);
- Minimum of 8 years’ PQE gained in international law firm and / or in-house at a multinational company, preferably in an industrial setting;
- Solid knowledge of (international) commercial contract law and relevant legal compliance and corporate topics. Additionally, you must be willing to dive into new areas of law if necessary;
- Excellent drafting skills and extensive experience of leading contractual negotiations;
- International mindset and strong business sense (eye for both company interests and legal principles). Demonstrated interpersonal skills, influencing skills and judgment when solving legal issues;
- Ability to independently provide pro-active legal advice which sometimes involves thinking outside legal frameworks;
- Mitigate company risks and further enhance risk awareness by providing strategic and operational advise to the business;
- Drive collaboration in a global environment respecting the different time zones (i.e. Asia, Europe, Americas);
- Ability to self-start, multiple-task and prioritize assignments and assume accountability for meeting deadlines and completion of projects;
- Impeccable integrity, ability to gain the required security clearance (required for Defense matters);
- Fluency in English and Dutch language (spoken and written).
An ultimate responsible position within an entrepreneurial global company with short reporting lines. A fast-paced, innovative and appealing international environment with a proud Dutch history dating back over a century.