01 feb Legal Counsel – Euronext (Succesvol ingevuld)
Euronext N.V. is the leading pan-European market infrastructure group with global reach and local presence, providing market infrastructure products and services in Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Lisbon, Milan, New York, Oslo and Paris. After completing the acquisition of Borsa Italiana Group in April 2021, Euronext has become the leading venue for secondary markets in Europe, with €12.2 billion worth of cash equities and ETFs traded on a daily basis (FY2020). The group is now the leading listing venue in Europe with more than 1,890 companies listed on its markets, for a combined market capitalisation of €5.6 trillion. It is also the leading venue for equity financing: in 2020, investors raised more than €63 billion on Euronext markets to finance companies across Europe.
Euronext operates regulated equity and derivatives markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its product range includes equities, exchange-traded funds, warrants and certificates, bonds, derivatives, commodities and indices, post-trade services as well as a foreign exchange trading platform. Euronext also provides technology and managed services to third parties.
Euronext’s registered office and corporate headquarters are situated in Amsterdam. On behalf of Euronext Amsterdam we seek to recruit a
Legal & Regulatory Counsel – The Netherlands
You will be responsible for providing legal support relating to new business opportunities and existing legal and regulatory matters, assisting the various business teams and support functions in Euronext’s international Legal & Regulatory domain. Amongst other matters, you will:
- Contribute to the development of Euronext’s pan-European commercial legal framework and policies across the entire business;
- Assess and respond to information and concerns and/or issues raised by market participants, investors and other stakeholders;
- Engagement with the local regulators on specific topics and contribute to the tracking and monitoring of all relevant legislation and regulation;
- Contribute to the drafting and review of commercial contracts, company secretarial matters, and protection of Euronext assets;
- Contribute to and/or lead on specific regulatory issues at Group level.
The position reports to the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs (Netherlands), Mr. Pepijn Paanen. Please find here a short interview with Pepijn Paanen, relating to this vacancy.
- Excellent, pro-active lawyer with commercial, business orientated attitude;
- About 4-7+ years’ experience in an international law firm and/or a multinational (listed) company, having worked in one or more relevant disciplines in regard to European stock exchanges (e.g. financial services regulation, regulatory investigations, financial markets advisory, litigation and dispute resolution, etc.);
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with colleagues in other business areas, external bodies and key stakeholders such as senior management, external legal counsel and relevant regulators;
- Ability to apply legal analysis in principle to real life scenarios and business issues and to analyze evidence to form a view on whether a regulatory breach has occurred and manage actions to take;
- Creative, pro active and able to operate as part of an international team;
- Very good oral and written communication skill in Dutch and English.
Working in a highly successful and international operating department, performing in a complex and fast changing world of Legal and Regulatory systems and processes. Excellent career opportunity for a top performing, commercially minded lawyer.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Judith van Haersma Buma or Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.