05 jan Paralegal – Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group (Successfully filled)
The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is an international distribution company specializing in steel pipes, and pipe and tube applications. The family-owned company, with its head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands, was founded in 1924 and is active in virtually all industrial sectors. The Group, including the recently acquired company Benteler Distribution, has close to a hundred branches spread throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and North America. Van Leeuwen’s 2,700 employees have specialist knowledge of sourcing, processing, project management, logistics and stock planning and work closely together with customers in its markets. The combination of global logistics and knowledge of products and customer applications makes Van Leeuwen a leading company in its markets.
Due to the acquisition of the German company Benteler Distribution in November 2019, the Van Leeuwen Group is now looking for legal professionals to join their growing legal department in Germany and The Netherlands. To further strengthen and develop the legal team in the Netherlands, the company wishes to hire a proactive and enthusiastic Paralegal to be based at headquarters in Zwijndrecht.
The Legal department of The Van Leeuwen group currently consists of two legal professionals but will shortly expand to a team of five. The team works closely with the wider business to help enable its strategy in a responsible, compliant manner. As a Paralegal you will be part of an international legal team and will function under supervision of the Group General Counsel in the Netherlands.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Day to day corporate housekeeping for more than 50 group entities around the world which is mainly in English;
- Keeping the legal dashboard up to date (currently Legisway is used);
- Contract management including managing the contract database and legal tools to support efficiency in the legal department;
- Provide overall administrative and legal support to the team such as archiving, filing of annual accounts, board decisions etc. ;
- Improve work processes within the legal team and key stakeholders;
- Be involved in legal research requests by the teams;
- Assist the Legal team on advising on a variety of contracts such as NDA’s, purchase agreement documents, powers of attorney and related matters.
- Higher Education or Bachelor degree in legal studies;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and spoken, understanding of the German language is a plus;
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant in an international operating legal department or in private practice;
- Experience with corporate housekeeping and contract management systems, preferably Legisway (formerly known as Effacts);
- Able to work independently with a service-oriented mindset;
- Accurate, attention to detail, pro-active, able to keep a good overview, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-country environment.
This role provides a chance to be part of the ambitious and entrepreneurial environment of a trading company in an international setting. A full time challenging role within a professional legal department. The position is based at HQ in Zwijndrecht in a modern office building with a stunning view over the Oude Maas.