17 jul Senior Compliance Officer Europe – Medline International B.V. (Successfully filled)
Medline is a leading global healthcare company providing quality medical and surgical supplies with superior value throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in Chicago in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of hospital garments into a thriving global healthcare company. Sales revenues in 2018 were over $11 billion worldwide. Medline holds top-tier market share in more than a dozen major medical product categories around the world.
The company believes in fostering a culture of integrity and transparency for employees and customers. Medline’s mission is to drive responsible business practices, from strategic planning to everyday actions. Since 2014 the international headquarters of Medline, focusing on the markets in Europe, Australia and Asia, has been based in Arnhem, the Netherlands. In Europe, the company employs more than 1,000 associates throughout 16 European countries. The legal and compliance department acts as the company’s business partner, providing internal customers with tools and guidance to drive responsible business.
Currently, Medline seeks to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer Europe with a strong focus on healthcare compliance.
The Senior Compliance Officer Europe will be part of the legal and compliance department and will be instrumental in further professionalising the compliance function within Medline’s European business. The Senior Compliance Officer Europe will be responsible for staying abreast of any applicable laws and regulations that form the basis of a risk-based compliance programme and keeping such programme up-to-date in all aspects. You will work in close cooperation with the US compliance team.
In general, the tasks of the Senior Compliance Officer Europe will be to:
- Conduct risk assessments, both on an ad hoc and routine basis: Country-by-country and by risk area, such as anti-corruption and competition, interactions with healthcare providers, data protection, conflicts of interest.
- Provide training of and communications to the business on implementing and maintaining policies, protocols and processes.
- Respond to reports of misconduct and conduct internal investigations related to compliance policies and/or the Code of Conduct.
- Maintain the European Compliance and Data Protection Liaison Programme in close connection with the European Privacy Officer and/or HR.
- File transparency reports in collaboration with the global transparency reporting team.
- Work closely with European legal team and the US compliance team on the anti-corruption programme, including third-party due diligence and contracting.
In this position, you will report to the Legal Director Europe, with a dotted line to the Chief Compliance Officer in the US.
You are an academically qualified compliance professional, ideally with a law degree, combined with at least 7 years of relevant working experience in an international company, in the healthcare, medical device, pharmaceutical or life sciences industry or at least in another highly regulated environment.
More specifically, you have proven knowledge and expertise in transparency laws and sector-specific regulations/guidelines, competition law as well as experience in setting up compliance programmes and training colleagues on relevant compliance matters. Furthermore, you are a pragmatic business partner with the ability to interact at all levels of the company, being analytical and conceptual, having strong communicational and personal skills. You are fluent in English (oral/written), which is the company’s business language. French and/or German skills are considered a plus.
This is an autonomous position within a market-leading healthcare company. You will be a key player in a fast moving company in a truly global environment. Medline offers you room to grow and develop yourself as well as a competitive remuneration and employee benefits package. Part-time employment (32 hours) is negotiable, depending on experience and seniority.