05 feb Senior Legal & Compliance Counsel – Nedschroef (Succesvol ingevuld)
Royal Nedschroef is an international operating company headquartered in the Netherlands (Helmond). Ever since the foundation of the company over 125 years ago, Nedschroef has strived to advance the global mobility industry. Today the company employs more than 2,400 people, and has production facilities, sales offices and distribution centers at 24 locations worldwide. The core activities are the development, manufacture, purchase and sale of fasteners for the automotive industry and its suppliers and machines and machine tools for hot and cold forming of steel. As such, the company mainly supplies the automotive industry.
In this role you are ultimately responsible for Nedschroef’s global Legal & Compliance team. You will advise the company and provide legal support on a wide range of operational, commercial and governance issues, with an emphasis on Contract Law, Negotiations, (Corporate) Compliance and Mergers & Acquisitions. Furthermore, the Senior Legal Counsel will be carrying out various legal services for the company including consultation, advisory, drafting and reviewing of contracts and documents. You are responsible for all Global Legal matters for the Nedschroef group, assisted by a legal counsel in Germany who will report to you. Additionally, you will be the go-to person for all corporate compliance related matters and will liaise with a network of Local Compliance Officers (dotted line). The senior Legal & Compliance Counsel reports to the CFO and works closely together with Nedschroef’s Board of Directors and management team.
The current Legal Lead has taken up another position in the organization. Therefore, Nedschroef is now looking for a seasoned legal counsel to lead the Legal and Compliance function.
- Lead the Global Legal & Compliance Department, managing the Legal Counsel based in Germany;
- Act as Nedschroef’s Company Secretary, working closely together with the Supervisory Board;
- Provide effective and profound legal support & advise for business and staff members, including Board Members and Business Unit Leaders;
- Draft, negotiate and advise on contracts and contract related documents;
- Support and manage administrative aspects of corporate housekeeping;
- Act as trusted advisor for the business regarding innovative business models, future opportunities, risks, regulations and obligations;
- Provide legal advice on ideas, documents, correspondence and (potential) disputes in order to prevent or minimize negative (legal) exposure for Nedschroef;
- Maintain and develop (internal) guidelines, policies, legal strategies and objectives;
- Manage outside counsel, coordinate and assist in dispute settlement and litigation;
- Stay abreast on the main developments in legislation, regulations and case-law in several fields and geographical areas (especially Germany & The Netherlands).
You are a self-starter, pro-active, flexible, self-confident and solution-oriented. You have a good sense of humour and are able to work together with all management levels within the company, and within multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment. You have a high degree of professional integrity and are a good listener. This challenging and interesting position requires the following qualifications:
- A qualified lawyer (Dutch/German) with at least 7 years PQE, as in-house counsel and/or in private practice;
- Dedicated business lawyer with experience in commercial contracting, corporate and M&A projects;
- Knowledge of labour law and privacy law is considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including the ability to explain such laws and regulations to the business in a practical and understandable manner;
- Excellent understanding of (legal) risk management, including mitigating risks;
- Fluent in English and Dutch or German.
Challenging position for a legal professional who aspires to lead a legal department within a healthy international operating company. Broad scope and involvement. Fulltime position (or 4 days).