17 feb Senior Legal Counsel (and MT member) – Aalberts integrated piping systems (Successfully filled)
Aalberts is a major international technology company who engineers mission-critical technologies for ground-breaking industries and everyday life. The company employs 15,000 people and has activities in more than 50 countries. It operates a lean and effective management structure, utilizing leadership networks to facilitate the growth potential of the company. Aalberts has its headquarters in Utrecht and is listed on the Dutch stock exchange Euronext in Amsterdam.
One of the four businesses is Aalberts integrated piping systems (IPS). Aalberts integrated piping systems has more than 4,000 employees worldwide and operates from various regions around the globe: America, Asia Pacific, Europe, United Kingdom and the Middle East. It engineers the optimum piping system to distribute and control liquids and gas for different vertical end markets in a sustainable manner. Our integrated piping systems (fittings, valves, pipes and fasteners) are easy to specify and install, saving important preparation and installation time. www.aalberts-ips.com
Due to growth of the company we are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel (and MT member) for Aalberts integrated piping systems.
Reporting to the general counsel of Aalberts HQ in Utrecht you are a member of the global Aalberts legal & governance network and you will drive strategic legal and compliance projects in close cooperation with the international legal & governance team of Aalberts and the CEO and CFO of your business. You will be a member of Aalberts integrated piping systems management team.
Your role and responsibilities (a.o.):
- you are the first point of contact for the ongoing compliance program including providing support and trainings, including the Aalberts Integrity Academy e-learning for the relevant employees of your companies;
- together with the governance network you will develop the overall strategy and execute the governance plan for your companies;
- you review, draft and negotiate large commercial agreements;
- you develop contract standards, checklists and standard legal documents;
- you manage legal and commercial risks and coordinate with outside counsel to manage country-specific claims and disputes;
- you will drive corporate householding and legal management systems;
- you give solicited (and unsolicited) legal and compliance advice;
- you achieve excellent, cost-effective results through strategic matter management;
- you will travel between Aalberts integrated piping systems offices in Hilversum/Zeewolde, Aalberts’ HQ in Utrecht and visit the various locations of Aalberts in Europe, the USA and Asia.
You have practiced Dutch law and have experience with UK law as inhouse legal counsel and at a law firm for at least 5 years and have in total more than 10 years experience working with multiple disciplines in an international business environment.
- are experienced in corporate and commercial contract law, corporate governance, international compliance regulations; experience with anti-competition compliance is considered a plus;
- are fluent in English and have good communication and listening skills;
- have a strong, persuasive and entrepreneurial personality;
- have an excellent legal and compliance judgement while understanding key business interests;
- can sell compliance to the business while ensuring that certain lines are never crossed;
- have experience with managing outside counsel on a variety of matters;
- are a business-oriented self-starter combining analytical reasoning and judgement, while working with the highest degree of integrity.
- operate in a challenging international and entrepreneurial environment;
- flat organisational structure with short lines of communication;
- in this structure, and as a member of the management team, you can really make a difference and have an impact on your organisation;
- possibility to develop your personal and professional competencies with many career growth opportunities;
- attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package;
- preferably a fulltime position.
If are you the person we are looking for, we cannot wait to meet you!
Send your application and motivation to Friso van Deursen at Voxius (firstname.lastname@example.org).