06 sep Senior Legal Counsel Nexperia (NXP Standard Products)
Nexperia (revenue USD 1.2B in 2016) is a spin-off of NXP Semiconductors which will be operational as from Q1 2017. Nexperia entails NXP’s so called “standard products business unit”, which is a world leader in its markets. Nexperia will be fully owned by Chinese private equity investors, who have the ambition to grow the company’s revenue, profit and presence in Asia. Nexperia’s global headquarter will be located in Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
Nexperia’s Legal team intends to organize all support for Legal, IP and Compliance worldwide through a new in-house legal team, consisting of 2 lawyers in China and 2 lawyers in The Netherlands, supplemented by a network of outside counsel. Consequently, Nexperia has a vacancy at its global HQ for a seasoned Legal counsel, with the opportunity to grow into a future leadership role. The senior counsel will work closely with the GC and with the legal team in Shanghai, performing as one global legal counseling function for the company.
You will perform as a trusted partner of Senior Management of one or more business clients, managing all commercial, corporate an regulatory related legal counseling matters, performing as a ‘wingman’ of the General Counsel without day-to-day supervision. As such you will mainly be responsible for:
- Supporting and advising the businesses on all commercial matters, such as negotiating and drafting/reviewing contracts concerning sales, purchase, distribution, manufacturing, logistics services, etc. arising from activities in or relating to the EU and America’s regions. The position will involve dealing with important customers and suppliers in those regions;
- Provide legal advice related to corporate, regulatory and policy matters, such as local license and certification requirements, foreign exchange, labor law, treasury, loans, etc.;
- Overseeing M&A, joint venture and other HQ projects, including outside counsel management in this regard;
- Assisting in overseeing compliance with company and ethics policies and provide legal trainings;
- Managing litigation, dispute resolution and supporting senior management in handling of HR related matters (e.g. labor arbitration, labor disputes, outsourcing agreements), together with local HR departments.
Regional scope of the Legal team at HQ will be Corporate, Europe and America’s. The team in Shanghai will be primarily responsible for all legal support in the APAC region, which ranges from contracts with customers (such as Huawei, ZTA, Lenovo) and suppliers, to labor, real estate and compliance matter for its three major production sites in Malaysia, the Philippines, Guangdong, China.
We are looking for an inquisitive and enthusiastic candidate who likes to work with different disciplines and cultures in a dynamic international environment. Candidates must be pragmatic and creative, can distinguish major and minor issues, can clearly communicate – especially in English – and dare to take decisions. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with other Nexperia leadership on major regional and global projects.
Candidates for the position will have:
- Appropriate legal qualifications (additional US/UK Master of Law would be an advantage) and at least 10 years of solid experience in a business driven legal environment;
- Broad legal experience gained in leading international law firms and/or as in-house legal counsel with broad regional exposure;
- Strong commercial legal background with a pragmatic mindset to achieve business objectives;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent team player and relationship builder who is able to manage different stakeholders and communicates well at all levels of the organization and work effectively as part of a worldwide legal team;
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and self-managed, with the ability to act as trusted advisor to business and functional managers, including senior executives;
- A positive and senior attitude, at ease in working in diverse/multicultural environments;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
Nexperia offers a lifetime experience and is averse to bureaucracy. The global legal department will operate as a small and motivated team, much like its predecessors at NXP where Legal was one of the most engaged teams in the company. The Senior counsel will be empowered to grow into a future leadership position within Nexperia’s global Legal department.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply, please e-mail your English résumé to mr Hielke Bruin at Voxius. For further information you can contact our office. Discretion is guaranteed. T: 085 488 0000. E: firstname.lastname@example.org