18 okt (Senior) Manager Global Trade Compliance – ASM International (Successfully filled)
ASM International is a dynamic growing company at the leading edge of technology that makes semiconductor devices smaller, faster, more powerful and efficient. The company’s technology and extensive customer support teams span the globe. ASM is a driver of innovation, delivering technology solutions to the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers.
ASM International N.V. is headquartered in the Netherlands and its subsidiaries provide R&D and production solutions for wafer processing (front-end segment) with 2,200 employees and facilities in 16 countries including Belgium, Japan, Netherlands, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States. ASM’s common stock trades on Euronext Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
On behalf of ASM we are looking for a (Senior) Manager Global Trade Compliance to join the team at the company’s headquarters in The Netherlands (Amsterdam area).
This role will give you the opportunity to be part of the ASM Global Trade Compliance team, that has the responsibilities to ensure that ASM global businesses are conducted in compliance with the various international export control laws and regulations, sanctions and customs regulations. Therefore, you will actively participate in developing the trade compliance program, strategies, policies and procedures, and provide trade compliance guidance and trainings to increase the compliance awareness within the organization.
In this role, you will report to the Global Trade Compliance Director. This role falls under the Legal department.
- Tracking and monitoring of the U.S., European Union, Singapore and other international trade compliance regulations updates and changes relevant to ASM;
- Assisting in interpreting and applying the export control laws and regulations at ASM global entities – and when applicable, managing the implementation of those updates and changes into the SAP GTS system and with the ASM Businesses;
- Performing customers and suppliers due diligence, and review the export/import transactions to ensure compliance with the applicable rules and regulations;
- Providing regulatory and operational support and guidance on trade compliance, including the export control compliance matters to internal stakeholders;
- Developing and educating the internal clients on trade compliance best practices;
- Supporting in investigations, audits and risk- assessments of export control, sanctions and program functions, root cause analysis on deficiencies, and the development and management of resulting corrective action plans and appropriate policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Academic background includes a minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in trade compliance or export controls. A technical background is a plus;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in international trade compliance in an international environment. Preferably in the high-tech or semiconductor Industry and/or at a company with a US parent company;
- Very strong knowledge of US Export Administration Regulation (“EAR”) is mandatory;
- Strong knowledge of EU Dual Use 2021/821 regulations, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is good to have;
- Experience with technology and software source code ECCN and export control licensing requests is mandatory;
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details and experience is implementing procedures;
- Ability to work autonomously, self-motivated and results-driven;
- Fluent in English.
Working in close contact with senior management in a fast and result driven international environment. An senior position in a dedicated team of experienced professionals at the HQ of a fast growing leading company in the global semiconductor industry.
ASM is an international, professional and inclusive workplace in an high paced industry, where you can generate immediate impact in a short period of time. Next to that, ASM offers a competitive base pay, benefits and variable pay, a relocation plan (when applicable) and personal and leadership development through an annual personal performance and growth plan.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.