06 sep (Senior) Privacy Officer – LeasePlan
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading fleet management companies, with 1.7 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries. Their core business involves managing the entire vehicle life-cycle for their clients, taking care of everything from purchasing, insurance and maintenance to car re-marketing. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan is a trusted partner for their corporate, SME, private and mobility service clients. The company mission is to provide what’s next in mobility via an ‘Any car, Anytime, Anywhere’ service – so you can focus on what’s next for you.
For LeasePlan’s headquarters at the ‘Zuid-As’ in Amsterdam we are looking for a Privacy Officer.
The Group Privacy Office (GPO) is part of the Privacy and Compliance department. As one of three Privacy Specialists (including the DPO) within the company you collaborate with all local and global departments and entities impacted by privacy matters, but especially in HR, ICT, Commercial and Procurement and new business. LeasePlan has appointed functional Privacy Officers within the countries who will assist in the further development and implementation of the privacy program. The Privacy Officer reports to the Group Privacy Officer who is also the company’s Data Protection Officer. Depending on the project you may also have a dotted reporting line to other managers.
You will be responsible for:
- Advise LeasePlan’s business and value streams about privacy compliancy and the implementation of ‘privacy by design’ in various products and services, ICT systems, platforms and apps, projects and other new initiatives especially in case processing would result in a high risk, and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations globally (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
- Assist the Group Privacy Office in the daily management and in the contact with external partners (lawfirms) and regulators including the Dutch data protection authority.
- Set the annual privacy agenda, share knowledge, e.g. for purposes of training and awareness;
- Set up privacy policies, LeasePlan’s privacy program, global privacy statement, templates for e.g. data protection clauses and monitor Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Ensure the consistent implementation of the Binding Corporate Rules and privacy program across the company.
- Academic Law degree and preferably at least 5 years’ PQE as a lawyer and/or in-house legal counsel of which at least 2 years’ experience in privacy;
- Project management in interdisciplinary settings is considered a big plus;
- Sound understanding of the privacy framework including GDPR;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within the organization (business) and with external stakeholders;
- Fluency in English, a good command of Dutch is a strong plus;
- Willing to travel, social sensitive, influencing and a problem solving attitude.
LeasePlan welcomes you to an exciting career and a competitive benefits package such as a company car, attractive pension plan, education, personal development etc. If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or to receive further information, please contact Regien Haarbosch or Robert Tol at Voxius via email@example.com or call +31 85 488 0000.