Compliance Manager – EQTGlobal investment firm, 25-year history of investing in strong & sustainable companies worldwide. Founded in Stockholm in 1994, investing in 450 + companies in healthcare, TMT and industrial technology. Stocklisted on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2019.
EQT, a purpose-driven global investment firm with a 25-year history of investing in strong and sustainable companies across the world
EQT, a purpose-driven global investment firm with a 25-year history of investing in strong and sustainable companies across the world. Since the founding in Stockholm in 1994, EQT has invested in more than 450 companies in different industries and sectors, such as healthcare, TMT and industrial technology. The company is stock listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2019. Today, EQT is one of the leading alternative investment firms with offices across four continents.
Risk & Control is a global unit within EQT with a presence in Luxembourg, Stockholm, the UK, the US and Singapore working across a complex and changing regulatory landscape. The team includes professionals with experience in compliance monitoring, risk management & operational risk, AML/CTF and regulatory watch with two main hubs in Europe: Stockholm and Luxembourg. Compliance operates independently yet in close cooperation with the business of the EQT Group. The Risk & Control team has implemented a global compliance monitoring program focusing on EQT’s entities where we work cross-jurisdictional as often as possible.
In 2021, EQT strengthened its position in healthcare investments by joining forces with Life Science Partners (“LSP”) a Dutch based leading European life sciences venture capital firm with a regulated Alternative Investment Fund Manager. As a result the, Risk & Control team has an open position for a Compliance Manager for their office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
You will be the first point of contact for compliance of the internal organisation and will also represent the company externally.
The candidate for this role is responsible for all compliance matters in the Netherlands. You will be the first point of contact for compliance of the internal organisation and will also represent the company externally. You report to the Board of the Dutch AIFM and to the group compliance function. Additionally, you will work closely with your legal colleagues in The Netherlands and with the global Risk & Control team consisting of 24 colleagues. In order to be successful in this role you:
- Add value by identifying, assessing and advising on regulatory and compliance risks whilst maintaining good relationships with regulators locally;
- Ensure the compliance risk assessment for the Dutch AIFM is in line with regulator’s expectation and the Global compliance monitoring program;
- Prepare and report compliance reports including recommendations to be made to the AIFM Board on a periodic basis;
- Prepare and file relevant reports with the AFM and other regulators on behalf of the AIFM;
- Work closely with the wider compliance team ion the implementation of controls as part of the global compliance monitoring program;
- Advise and support the local Board of Directors and other stakeholders on a broad range of compliance matters;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Approximately 4-7 PQE with a big four as a lawyer, an auditor, internal auditor or part of a regulatory team or compliance professional within the financial or related industry;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch regulatory framework, AIFM Directive and other relevant compliance legislation including AML/CTF regulations;
- Experience interacting with the AFM or other financial regulators
- Experience in performing controls in the financial services industry;
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in Dutch and English;
- Ability to work independently with a professional attitude and high work ethics;
- Self-starter who is able to prioritise competing work assignments in a global set up with and managing senior key stakeholders;
- Outcome based thinking, enthusiastic and excellent communication skills;
- Team spirit, strong social competence, outspoken, straightforward, friendly, yet down to earth;
- Aligned with the EQT values
A great opportunity for a pro-active, problem solving and team oriented individual
A great opportunity for a pro-active, problem solving and team oriented individual to join a global dynamic company that is rapidly growing and developing.
- Working autonomously on Dutch regulatory matters in sync with local board members and ultimate responsibility for The Netherlands
- Participating to the global compliance monitoring program
- At the heart of a dynamic and successful private equity / venture capital firm
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Hybrid working options are available
- Excellent primary and secondary employment terms
- For more information please take a look at some of the corporate videos
If you wish to apply for the position or would like to receive additional information, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail (email@example.com) of telephone (+31 85 488 0000).