01 mrt Legal Counsel – Nikon Europe B.V. (Succesfully filled)
Nikon is a world leader in imaging products. Its technologies continue to play a significant role in defining the photographic industry. Beyond photography, Nikon is also a leading innovator of precision optical lens devices and imaging devices. Based in the European headquarter in Amsterdam, the Business Support division of Nikon Europe BV supports all business units across all Nikon Group Companies in Europe.
Currently the legal department of Nikon Europe B.V. is expanding and seeks to recruit a business and result driven Legal Counsel (3-7 PYQ).
The Legal Counsel will be part of the legal department of Nikon Europe B.V. and he/she shall report directly to the General Manager Legal. Your primary role will be to provide legal support and advice, including compliance activities, to all Nikon group companies located in Europe, including three companies in the Netherlands.
In general the legal counsel will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day legal support to all business units;
- Drafting, reviewing and supporting the negotiating of a broad variety of commercial contracts;
- Acting as an advisor on all legal disputes, coordinating and instructing external counsel and taking care of timely and accurate reporting of all disputes within Nikon Europe;
- Drafting materials, administering and coordinating trainings for various legal issues;
- Setting up guidelines, policies and procedures for European Compliance activities (e.g. data protection);
- Performing legal administration (e.g. administration of disputes and contracts, legal expenses and setting up a database of legal firms being used by Nikon Europe).
- Dutch Master Degree in Law and 3-7 years relevant experience within an international (commercial) legal environment as an international (business) lawyer
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience related to (international) commercial contracting, data protection, competition law, IP and/or corporate law
- Distinctive knowledge and understanding of corporate compliance
- Internationally minded, able to operate in a diverse and multicultural environment and being proactive
- Strong personality with a keen business acumen, result-driven, a problem-solver who strives for the highest quality in work
- Excellent communication skills in English, which is the working language of Nikon Europe (written as well as spoken).
An interesting position for a legal counsel or an attorney-at-law who is ready for the next step in its career and willing to work in an international, multicultural and innovative environment.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Remco Feuth at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.