03 sep Legal Manager (Real Estate) Netherlands & Belgium – Goodman
Goodman is the largest property group listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the largest listed specialist fund managers of industrial property and business space globally.
Goodman owns, develops and manages industrial real estate including industrial and logistic facilities, warehouses and business parks in strategic locations around the world. They offer high quality and sustainable solutions for the biggest actors of e-commerce, logistics, automotive etc such as Amazon, Zalando, DB Schenker and many more.
Worldwide Goodman has a team of around 1,000 people, working in 26 offices throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Continental Europe and the UK, North America and Brasil. Within Continental Europe Goodman is active in 7 countries and headquartered in Brussels.
In each European country Legal Managers assist the company on a broad variety of legal issues. Currently Goodman is looking for a Legal Manager responsible the real estate projects in the Netherlands (and partially Belgium) based in Amsterdam.
The Legal Manager will be solely and independently responsible for managing and resolving all legal matters related to real estate development, property management and real estate transactions of Goodman and its partnerships in the Netherlands and Belgium. Covering a broad range of legal matters, like transactions, lease/rent/sale and construction/environmental agreements (etc), handling and coordinating claims and disputes and managing outside counsel.
You will work closely with the business, will be part of the “deal teams” providing input from a legal point of view and able to identify risks and suggesting and applying (legally) acceptable and creative solutions to make transactions feasible from a functional and legal perspective.
This role is part of the broader continental Europe Risk Strategy Team covering legal, compliance and corporate housekeeping matters. Your main stakeholders are the commercial and innovation teams in the Netherlands and Belgium, but also external law firms. This position is based in Amsterdam, with flexibility to work from home. Occasionally travelling to Brussels is part of the function.
- A Dutch law degree and minimum of 8-10 years working experience either as in-house legal counsel in an international real estate development (related) environment or within private practice (focus on real estate) in the Netherlands;
- Sound experience in the different aspects of real estate law (e.g. transactions, financing, development, leasing, construction (must have), including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts;
- Able to prioritize work and find the right balance in carrying out the work yourselves or outsource to external counsel;
- Not scared to operate without significant supervision and open to independently handle all matters, also most complex matters;
- Highly professional with high integrity and interpersonal skills, pragmatic, able to make tailormade solutions, flexible, pro-active, outgoing and stress resistant in other words able to deal with a high workload and determined to achieve high-quality, business-oriented results;
- Understands the organizational principles; able to clearly communicate and explain legal issues to non-legal clients;
- Tough on the matter, soft on the person in conflict situations;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, a knowledge of French is a plus.
Goodman is constantly working on enhancing agility and increasing well-being at work. To reach these objectives they work in collaborative teams for fulfill three basic human needs: affiliation, growth and self-direction.
Working in a very flat organization offering space to grow, having the possibility to have responsibilities and taking leadership of many things. No overriding managerial hierarchy.
Flexibility and freedom in your day to day job within a feedback culture. Offering opportunities to take on new challenges easily.
All in all an excellent career opportunity for a commercially minded lawyer with experience in and passion for real estate (development).
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.