29 nov Compliance Manager – Redevco
Redevco, part of COFRA Holding AG, is a European real estate asset manager with a clear ambition to create positive impact by helping cities become more sustainable and liveable. On behalf of their clients, Redevco invests in properties with a view to developing future-proof and vibrant places in dynamic urban locations where people want to live, work and play. Redevco’s specialist investment strategies consider opportunities to re-purpose to mixed-use, in the segments of living and leisure & hospitality as well as in retail warehouse parks.
Together with the local real estate knowledge and the scale of the company’s pan-European platform, Redevco can create value for both investor clients and occupiers. Redevco’s highly experienced professionals purchase, develop, let, and manage properties, ensuring that the portfolios optimally reflect the needs of their clients.
The company has a strong believe in long-term investments where quality and sustainability are key. Redevco has a majority stake in Redos, a Hamburg-based large-scale retail and urban logistics property investment specialist. Redos retains its operational independence and experienced senior leadership. Redevco’s total assets under management, incl. Redos, are around €9.7 billion.
As Compliance Manager at Redevco you will be responsible to build, embed and oversee the global compliance framework of the company and to ensure that a proactive approach is taken with compliance and its potential impacts on the business, in a commercially focused and practical manner.
In addition, you will be responsible for regulatory compliance of an UK entity which is regulated under the FCA, and, if required by management, to prepare and manage for an AIFMD license in the Netherlands. You are part of Redevco’s Governance, Risk and Compliance Department (3FTE) and you will report to the Head of the Department. For regulatory compliance there is a shared reporting line to Redevco’s General Counsel.
Key responsibilities regarding ongoing topics are:
- Act as a sparring partner and trusted adviser for management teams, legal, tax and other internal stakeholders on all Compliance related matters;
- Design, implement and monitor compliance with company policies, including but not limited to AML, W(w) ft, GDPR and GRC documents;
- Liaise autonomously with regulators and with group legal on compliance topics.
- Develop relevant training to employees and develop strategic compliance initiatives and direct these initiatives to completion;
- Monitor if the marketing and financial promotion of new products and services are in accordance with AIFMD regulation for a non-regulated manager. Prepare and manage potential AIFMD regulation;
- Track legislative and regulatory developments and keep up to date with industry standards, for instance on SFDR, CSRD and AML;
- Maintain FCA reporting requirements (SYSC, Anti-Money Laundering, Competence Assessments, FCA applications) and liaise with regulators in close cooperation with the UK external compliance consultant.
- About 8 years of relevant experience with regulatory compliance and knowledge of Wft, AIFMD, MiFID, AML/Wwft. Preferably abreast of SFDR, CSDR, Taxonomy and related laws and regulations;
- Experience with regulatory requirements, ideally experience with obtaining an AIFMD license and managing regulatory relationship;
- Strong ability to understand governance, processes, controls, spot issues and know when to escalate matters;
- Outstanding communication skills including counseling senior management on compliance risks and regulatory matters;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and efficiently under time pressure and deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is nice to have.
A great opportunity for a self-starter to join an ambitious Pan-European company that is rapidly growing and developing.
- A friendly, diverse and no-nonsense working environment with short communication lines, a high performing culture with room for social interaction;
- Focus and passion for real estate in urban areas who aims to deliver a positive contribution towards more sustainable and liveable cities;
- Hybrid working options are available.
If you wish to apply for the position or would like to receive additional information, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (+31 85 488 0000).