05 okt Compliance Manager – Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group
The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is a privately-held, globally operating trading company and specialist in steel pipes and pipe and tube applications. The company offers a broad range of customized pipe and tube products and services using a worldwide network of stock-keeping affiliates. Van Leeuwen’s core business consists of the trade in steel pipes and related products.
Van Leeuwen is a family owned company which started almost 100 years ago in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands. It has since grown into a company with approximately fifty largely stock-keeping affiliates / offices in 22 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Asia and North America.
End of 2019 Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group acquired the German company Benteler Distribution and as a result doubled in size. The addition of these companies to the Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group provide Van Leeuwen with an even more extensive distribution network in Europe, creating opportunities to expand Van Leeuwen’s range of products, value added services and treatments for its customers. The scale of the combined companies will enable further development of innovative solutions for customers, optimized and specialized stocks with proximity to the customers, and investments in IT-supported customer interfaces and effective distribution.
Due to the recent growth of the company and expanding international business, Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is now looking for a global Compliance Manager to be based in the Dutch headquarters in Zwijndrecht.
The Compliance Manager leads a small international compliance team (2 FTE reporting to you) regarding all employee and business process activities for The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group. Direct reporting line to the CFO, member of the Executive Board.
As a Compliance Manager, you are responsible for drafting and updating the global compliance program including -but not limited to- policies regarding export control, trade sanctions, anti-bribery, fraud, antitrust and privacy. The Compliance Manager promotes the “compliance conscious culture” within the company and collaborates with management worldwide to review all compliance policies. You will work closely with experts from the legal department, HR, Finance and IT to ensure that the Group can maintain their continued growth, by complying with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements, internal policies and procedures. You are responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks as well as managing and monitoring of these risks. The Compliance Manager also acts as a central Data Protection Officer (DPO) aimed at setting up processes and monitoring the outcome of the program.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing training modules for the local management at the companies within the Group and staff of the Van Leeuwen Group;
- Addressing compliance concerns within the Van Leeuwen Group in order to minimize risk of default;
- Conducting regular compliance audits and reviews to ensure fulfillment of compliance standards. He or she liaises with HR to ensure implementation of disciplinary action in event of compliance violation;
- Preparing and filing compliance reports to appropriate regulatory body;
- Acting as a trusted advisor for local management and staff in specific transactions and projects; expresses a high level of integrity in order to be considered as reliable partner concerning compliance matters;
- Is member of the Van Leeuwen Code of Conduct Compliance Committee together with the HR manager and the General Counsel of the Van Leeuwen Group.
- Master degree in business administration, finance or law. At least 5 years of experience as Compliance Officer in a similar international organization required;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of international compliance regulations and best practices including the GDPR. Expertise on export regulations;
- Communication skills: able to provide training to staff and to effectively communicate compliance goals and procedures;
- Analytical skills: experience in conducting research to identify and tackle business areas with high risk of non-compliance;
- Reporting skills: able to produce compliance reports useful in making necessary business adjustments;
- Fluency in English verbally and in writing. Knowledge of the German language is considered an advantage.
A full-time position for a team player with a good sense of commercial challenges in complex regions. As a Compliance Manager you are part of an – originally – Dutch organization with the challenge of building a compliance program that covers all legal international compliance topics.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Regien Haarbosch at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000, or via each consultants mobile number as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed.