19 jun Compliance Officer – listed international company, broad compliance position
Our client is a publicly traded company listed at NYSE Euronext.
The company is headquartered in the Netherlands, Amsterdam and has operating entities in the Netherlands, United States and the MENA region and employs approximately 3,000 employees. The (one-tier) Board has a collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. The operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under guidance of the executive management based in London and Amsterdam.
Currently the company is in a phase of further strengthening its Group Legal Department in line with the company’s strategy, therefore they seek to recruit a Compliance Officer. The position is based in Amsterdam and will require some travelling.
The Compliance Officer will be part of the Group Legal Department in Amsterdam. This Group consists of an EVP Legal &HR/Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, a Deputy General Counsel, a Senior Legal Counsel, a Legal Counsel and a Paralegal.
The Compliance Officer will be instrumental in further professionalizing the Compliance function within the company.
In general the Compliance Officer will be responsible for:
- monitoring changes in legislation and taking appropriate action to create awareness;
- developing, enrolling and maintaining policies and collaborate with the Compliance Officers of the operating entities;
- overseeing and advising on compliance and regulatory matters;
- managing regulatory compliance issues;
- incident management;
- quarterly group compliance reporting, improve efficiency and effectiveness of group compliance reporting;
- providing compliance and legal training, develop e-learnings and webinars, maintain procedures that ensure the company complies with applicable legislation and Code of Conduct.
The Compliance Officer will report to the deputy GC.
Master’s degree in Dutch law and 8-10 years relevant working experience within an (international) law firm or international/public company combined with at least 5 year working experience as compliance officer;
- good knowledge of applicable legislation;
- project management skills for cross-organizational coordination and deadline driven;
- high standard of integrity, business ethics, honesty and personal integrity;
- self-starter, pragmatic, independent, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a high-paced environment;
- strong personality, good communication skills and an international mindset;
- proven track record in improving the compliance function;
- fluent command of English (both oral as in writing) and Dutch.
An great opportunity for a legal professional who is ready for the next step in its in-house career and willing to work in an international, high paced and solid company. Renumeration is market conform.