29 sep Corporate Lawyer – Braskem
Braskem is a Brazilian company operating in the chemical and petrochemical sector, with 41 industrial units distributed in Brazil, the United States, Germany and Mexico.
Its production is focused on thermoplastic resins – polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) – as well as basic chemical inputs such as ethylene, propene, butadiene, chlorine, soda and solvents.
Its growth strategy is based on the pillars of Innovation and Sustainable Development, focusing on ensuring the excellence of its operations, innovating in solutions for a better life and developing an increasingly sustainable product portfolio. There are concrete initiatives in this regard, such as the launch of green plastic, produced from renewable sources, and the continuous evolution of its health, safety and environmental performance indicators.
For the Legal Department we are looking for a Corporate Lawyer. The position is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, which is a hub for Braskem’s operation in Europa and Asia.
The Lawyer provides legal advice to the company in respect to corporate matters, as well as provide legal support to several corporate (support) areas.
- Corporate Law and Corporate Governance activities (3 Dutch entities, 1 German entity, 1 Indian entity and 1 Singaporean branch office + relationship with Brazilian Parent Company and Mexican and US subsidiaries);
- Corporate Secretarial activities;
- Provide recommendations on:
(i) Governance of Intercompany Relationships:
(ii) Tax Governance;
(iii) Corporate Projects;
- Coordinate the Legal Support to the Corporate Support Areas (external legal support), such as:
d. People & Organization;
- Address and Manage the Tax & Labor contingencies;
- Handle General Corporate Matters;
- Administrative support to manage the relationship with external law firms (such as engagement letters, managing request for payments of legal fees, vendor registration, system related approvals).
- Legal certainty in compliance with the applicable legislation and internal rules;
- The observance of the applicable governance rules by the companies in Europe and Asia;
- The awareness of the other Region’s Legal teams regarding Braskem Netherlands B.V.’s governance rules;
- The support to the Legal Manager in the management of the governance activities in Braskem Netherlands B.V., including the support with agenda and materials related to Board Meetings and of the submission of European and Asian matters to Braskem S.A.’s Board of Directors;
- The legal assessment and correct legal treatment of matters regarding Tax Governance;
- The organization of the Legal archive and completeness of the internal governance systems;
- Coordination of legal advice and guidance to the support areas on laws and regulations that impact the Company’s operations in Europe & Asia;
- Support in the reports for the management of Tax and Labor contingencies (coordination of external lawyers);
- The development of training programs for employees to transfer knowledge and ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulation;
- Administrative support to manage the relationship with external law firms, including the relationship with law firms, engagement letter, consolidation of invoices and the control of payments;
- Manage external counsel to assist in legal matters that require additional counsel, to include assessing the quality of the work and cost efficiency.
- Law Degree – Preferably Dutch (any EU law degree would be acceptable as long as the candidate has professional background in Multinational Group Governance);
- 3-6 years of post-qualification experience in a major law firm or corporation;
- Knowledge to provide legal advice (opinions, contracts analysis, minutes drafting);
- Corporate law and Corporate Governance background (experience with a Multinational Group is a plus);
- You are fluent in English, and German (required) / Portuguese (differential)
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Remco Feuth at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or phone: 0854880000. Discretion is guaranteed.