06 Feb Corporate Lawyer – Global holding company
The NLMK Group is a leading international manufacturer of high-quality steel products with a vertically integrated business model. Mining and steelmaking are concentrated in cost-efficient regions; finished products are manufactured close to our main customers in Russia, North America and the EU. The European manufacturing facilities include six plants that are located in Belgium, Italy, France and Denmark.
NLMK International BV is the holding company of the NLMK Group, based in The Netherlands since 2006, with the functions of asset management and providing business services to the Group’s member companies. Its offices are located in the WTC building in Amsterdam.
On behalf of NLMK we seek to recruit a Junior corporate lawyer (or potentially a senior corporate paralegal) for the holding offices in Amsterdam. You will become part of a small team and will provide legal support on corporate law issues and other domains of law. You will be working close together with the senior corporate legal counsel, and report to the Managing Director of NLMK International BV.
You will assist with the timely and accurate management and coordination of corporate legal matters of the Company and its subsidiaries.
Your main tasks will include:
- to accurately and timely manage the hard copy/digital filing of all legal documents. You will manage and update the company’s corporate housekeeping system Effacts (a.k.a. Legisway Essentials) and take necessary actions accordingly;
- to coordinate legalizations and communications with notaries, maintaining registrations at the chamber of Commerce;
- to contact company subsidiaries, to monitor and keep track of any and all corporate changes, to prepare on a monthly basis a detail-oriented report, which has to be provided to the NLMK business partners (in Russia);
- to organize the company’s Management Board meetings in coordination with the assistants, to prepare agendas, to draft proxies, resolutions and minutes of the meetings; to keep the records and to monitor the Board’s decisions; to follow-up general meetings;
- to perform legal research, draft/review confidentiality agreements;
- to carry out administrative tasks and assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
The candidate is / has:
- a law degree, preferably with a specialization in corporate law;
- a few years of working experience as a lawyer in the corporate field of expertise, or at least 3-4 years of working experience as a corporate paralegal;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or Russian is nice to have;
- ability to draft, review, and manage corporate and other legal documents in detail oriented manner;
- pragmatic, service and solution-minded;
- well organized, able to handle stress and autonomous – capable to work independently as well as in teams;
- flexible and proactive (can-do attitude);
- able to handle confidential matters;
- able to work well with all levels within the organization.
Challenging position for an eager and ambitious corporate lawyer or senior paralegal, who wants to grow his or her career as inhouse counsel. Important role in an international and informal environment, managing multiple tasks for the corporate legal department. A fulltime position at the Amsterdam Zuidas, with a competitive salary.
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Remco Feuth or Hielke Bruin (via firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 4880000). Your application will of course be treated confidentially.
For more information about the NLMK group, please go to www.nlmk.com.