21 mrt Deputy Company Secretary – SBM Offshore
SBM Offshore provides floating solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product life-cycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale basis.
Group companies employ approximately 4,350 people worldwide, including circa 650 contractors, which are spread over offices in key markets, operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group Companies employ a further 400 people, working for the joint ventures with two construction yards. SBM Offshore is committed to conducting business in a sustainable way over the long-term by developing close relationships with local people, communities and businesses in host countries, and by safeguarding the natural environment.
As Deputy Company Secretary you have a broad field of activities. You report to the Company Secretary and support her in the preparation and follow up of corporate meetings: you collect the meeting documents for meetings of the Executive Committee, the Management Board and Supervisory Board (including its committees) and review these documents to ensure they meet the set guidelines. After the meetings you initiate actions and/or monitor the follow up. Furthermore you are directly involved in drawing up the annual report and support the review, update and implementation of the relevant corporate governance rules and internal policies. You are involved in the preparation of the Annual General Meeting and you are responsible for maintaining corporate records. You work in close contact with the Corporate Legal team and build relationships with senior management and functions worldwide.
- Solid knowledge of Dutch Corporate Law and Corporate Governance.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, for example as a lawyer, candidate civil law, legal project manager or in a company secretary support role.
- Confident, eager and committed to take on this role at SBM Offshore.
- Determined to achieve high quality results.
- Experience or interest in the offshore or oil & gas business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; appetite for organizing and ad hoc tasks.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
- Truly international working environment.
- Challenging and dynamic market.
- Broad role: involved in all corporate aspects of international operating listed company.
- Thorough professional guidance from senior lawyers.
- Frequent exposure to senior management, different countries and cultures.
- Possible to work part-time.
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Friso van Deursen via email@example.com or 085 4880000). Your application will of course be treated confidentially.