09 apr Director Legal & Compliance – D.O.R.C.
For more than 30 years D.O.R.C. Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (International) B.V. ensures that eye surgeons all over the world enjoy the use of innovative ophthalmic devices, instruments and liquids. The products are sold in 80 countries through own Subsidiaries in Europe, Middle East, Latin and North America and a network of distributors. D.O.R.C. uses cutting-edge technology, works closely with innovative surgeons and thrives to make a difference. Over 11.000 ophthalmologists worldwide daily use the advanced Ophthalmic surgery unit EVA to take care of their patients in order to help them see again. D.O.R.C. has an ambitious strategy focussed on international growth.
Currently, we are looking for the Director Legal & Compliance
You are responsible for all legal and compliance issues of the company. You ensure D.O.R.C. complies with all laws and regulations that apply to the specific line of business. You are manager of the legal department and supports the company in all corporate and legal affairs. Furthermore, you establish and implement effective compliance programmes for D.O.R.C. as medical device manufacturer.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of drafting and negotiating international commercial agreements
- Experience in corporate governance in an international company
- Familiarity with health care laws, statutes, regulations and standards
- Expertise in IP, knowledge of data privacy law
- Develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team members to full potential
- International mindset, strong business sense and commercial skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a global team and a multi-cultural corporate environment
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Heading an international operating legal & compliance team
- Broad responsibility in a truly international environment
- Direct contact with business, board and shareholder
- A central position in a fast growing, successful company