18 apr Export Control Officer – IHC Services
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. IHC also develops advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, they offer life-cycle support to their customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of their products. Customers of IHC are prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today they have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas.
IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, they are able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. They offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics, and Training & Consultancy. With their commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, they strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is currently seeking an Export Control Officer to join the central logistics center team based right next to a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands. This team is responsible for warehousing and shipping activities for Royal IHC worldwide. Using their logistics expertise, they support their colleagues on a wide range of business activities, such as the recently launched e-commerce platform, and worldwide delivery of spare parts, all the way up to the building of new ships at various external shipyards.
The position of Export Control Officer will focus on continuing the development of Royal IHC’s internal trade compliance programme and embedding this within the organisation. In this role, you will work closely with the compliance officer, as well as contacts across all departments. Royal IHC is expanding and becoming an international player, for which further implementation of their trade compliance programme is essential. Within this role, you will support the (re)definition of Royal IHC’s programme and be responsible for selecting and implementing trade compliance software within the business processes.
As an Export Control Officer you will be responsible for the following:
- supporting the compliance officer in (re)defining the trade compliance programme;
- encouraging compliance awareness at all levels of the organisation through support of educational training programmes, distribution of information and process improvement initiatives;
- project management of the sourcing and implementation of trade compliance software to manage international trade compliance activity across Royal IHC;
- due diligence compliance checks of all parties;
- conducting internal compliance checks on the classification and qualification of goods;
- providing day-to-day advice and guidance regarding customs and transaction-related requirements;
- monitoring regional regulatory customs and trade compliance changes.
To be eligible for the position of Export Control Officer you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) bachelor or university degree;
- knowledge of EU, US (EAR, OFAC) export controls and sanctions regulations;
- demonstrable ability to make effective decisions, solve problems and handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion;
- excellent project management skills;
- strong written and verbal communication and effective influencing skills;
- affinity with IT (experience with IFS is a plus).
Royal IHC offers a challenging full-time job within a dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, they offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Regien Haarbosch via mail or telephone. Your application will of course be treated confidentially. Please note, an online assessment and screening may be part of the recruitment process. Only applicants with a residential EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.