22 mrt Head of Compliance – Continental Europe – CBRE
As one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, CBRE Global Investors offer their more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to a broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Their expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, they can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. There is a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All their work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what they do.
They are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables them to give their clients a significant competitive edge as they can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
We are looking for the Head of Compliance for one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers.
- Lead the regulatory Compliance function for CBRE Global Investors in Continental Europe, consisting of two additional dedicated colleagues based in The Netherlands and Luxembourg, with support from members of the EMEA Legal team;
- Act as a sparring partner and adviser to senior Corporate and Fund management teams in Europe on all Compliance related matters;
- Oversee CBRE Global Investors’ regulated structures in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy and France;
- Be a member of the EMEA Risk Management Committee;
- Design, implement, and monitor compliance with, Company policies (including but not limited to Red Book, AML, CFT, Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption);
- Review investment and Fund or program structuring proposals for compliance with AIFMD and other regulations and company policies prior to submission to European Investment Committee and other management bodies;
- Liaise autonomously with regulators, in consultation with the EMEA General Counsel;
- Monitor, and educate the Business on, developments in the regulatory compliance area;
- Report to the General Counsel EMEA and to the Senior Director of Risk Management and Corporate Finance (on a matrix line);
- Work closely with the EMEA Legal, Finance and Operational Risk teams;
- Be based at CBRE Global Investors European HQ at Schiphol, The Netherlands.
- University Master’s degree or equivalent. Legal qualification preferred;
- At least 10 years of professional working experience in the regulatory compliance area most of it gained within a leading institution in the financial services industry;
- Experience gained in an AIFMD and MIFID II regulated real estate (or other asset class) investment management environment;
- Experience dealing autonomously with regulators such as AFM (Netherlands) and CSSF (Luxembourg);
- Highly professional, confident, pro-active and open-minded;
- Fluent in English, Dutch preferred;
- Experience managing a team, implementing of new regulations and monitoring of compliance;
- Self-reliant, a team player, also able to work autonomously;
- Eager to take on responsibilities and new challenges; ability to interact efficiently with Business and with other functions.
A challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic international environment. Ownership in responsible role for compliance in Europe. Improve and grow and work with motivated professionals.
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Friso van Deursen or Remco Feuth (via firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 4880000). Your application will of course be treated confidentially.