17 mrt International Commercial Lawyer – Vanderlande
Vanderlande is a global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market and is a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 5,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of in 2017 more than EUR 1.3 billion, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation. Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions. Recently, Toyota Industries Corporation’s (TICO) acquired Vanderlande. For several years the company was proclaimed as the Best Employer of the Netherlands. Currently, we are seeking to recruit an: International Commercial Lawyer
As pro-active business lawyer, you will independently manage the legal aspects of international projects, both on the sales side as on the purchasing side. Vanderlande is a fast pace company with a strong emphasis on teamwork and ownership. Your role as business lawyer is therefore closely situated to the business. Your focus will be on advising the Airport business. Since the company’s systems operate at more than 600 airports, you will travel regularly. Vanderlande aims to contribute to the responsibilities of its clients and the environment in general. By placing people, planet and profit at the heart of the strategy, Vanderlande has made sustainability a guiding principle of the activities.
• Seasoned lawyer with approximately 8 years of hands-on experience in (international) contract law gained within a reputable law firm and/or an international company
• Preferably experience with contracts for international projects or service contracts
• Excellent negotiator with a practical and pragmatic approach
• Excellent command of the English language. Mastery of Dutch, German, Spanish and / or French is an advantage
• Able to quickly identify and analyze commercial risks and translate these into contractual conditions
• Business savvy legal sparring partner for (senior) management
• Flexibility to travel
• Work at a fast growing, global leader, which has been regularly declared “Best Employer”
• Senior position within an experienced team
• Truly international job
• Work in close cooperation with the business
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply, please contact Friso van Deursen via firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 488 00 00.