10 apr Legal Counsel (5-8 year PQE) – ON HOLD
Our client is a global manufacturer of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. Products of our client are being used in nearly every major industry and include solutions for industrial, medical and retail application, such as tapes and other bonding solutions, tags, label and embellishments for apparel and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions.
The company is headquartered in Glendale, California and employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. The EMEA headquarter, including the EMEA Legal Team, is based in the Netherlands (Leiden area) and supports all business units across the group within the EMEA.
Currently the legal department is expanding and seeks to recruit a highly collaborative, practical business-oriented Legal Counsel (5-8 year PQE).
The Legal Counsel will be part of the EMEA Law Department and will report to the Senior Group Counsel, who leads the EMEA team. As Legal Counsel you will provide and manage a full range of legal services to commercial and operations functions throughout Western and Eastern Europe, Middle East and parts of Africa. The position calls for occasional travel mainly throughout EMEA (approximately 10%).
In general the Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- providing day-to-day legal support to the business;
- drafting, reviewing and (supporting the) negotiating of a broad variety of commercial contracts (e.g. distribution, sales, purchase, procurement, IT, lease, development, license and confidentiality agreements);
- acting as an advisor on (potential and pending) legal disputes, coordinating and instructing external counsel;
- managing product-related claims, including assessing legal status, regulatory issues, insurance and similar topics, plan and carrying out internal investigations;
- providing training for business on compliance with laws and policies;
- support and train paralegal and administrative staff.
Dutch or Belgian qualified lawyer with 5-8 years working experience within an (international) commercial legal environment as an in-house legal counsel preferably combined with experience in private practice;
- good knowledge of (international) commercial contracting (a.o. sales, purchase, distribution) preferably in combination with knowledge of M&A, litigation and cross-functional projects;
- high standard of integrity, ethics and loyalty;
- pragmatic, independent, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment;
- strong personality, teamplayer with a keen business acumen, good communication skills and an international mindset;
- fluent command of English (both oral as in writing) and Dutch, knowledge of German and/or French is considered a plus.
An interesting and challenging position for a legal professional who is ready for the next step in its career and willing to work in an international, innovative and collaborative environment.