08 mei Legal Counsel – Arlanxeo
Arlanxeo is a world-leading synthetic rubber company with about 3,800 employees and operations in twenty production sites in nine countries. The company was established in April 2016 as a joint venture of Lanxess and Saudi Aramco. Since January 1, 2019 Arlanxeo is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saudi Aramco. The products of Arlanxeo are used in a variety of applications including automotive & tire, construction, oil & gas, and sports equipment.
Due to increasing workload and to further professionalize the legal department, Arlanxeo is looking for an outstanding Legal Counsel to be based at the headquarters in Maastricht.
The role of Legal Counsel is fascinating and broad. You become part of a global legal team with 15 colleagues based in several regions. You will report to the General Counsel Europe in Cologne with a functional reporting line to the General Counsel in Maastricht. As a pro-active business lawyer, you will advise the business in Europe on a broad variety of legal matters. Your daily activities include reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex cross-border contracts, sales and distribution agreements, supply contracts and other commercial agreements. You offer suggestions to the business on legal risks as well as regulatory, corporate and compliance issues. In addition to that, you will work on important projects, e.g. M&A transactions where appropriate.
- Qualification as Dutch or German lawyer – although lawyers with common law qualifications are also encouraged to apply;
- Approximately 3-7 years of hands-on experience with (international) commercial contracts gained within a reputable law firm and/or an international company;
- Excellent command of the English language. Mastery of Dutch, German or French is an advantage;
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial questions and a very good business acumen;
- Enjoy working in an international environment and have the ability to communicate with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds;
- Outstanding team player with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Specialized knowledge in data privacy, labor law, corporate law, or banking law will be a plus.
Arlanxeo offers an exciting position with an excellent remuneration package. You can create your own growth and development opportunities and become part of the formation of a growing Legal department. A unique chance for individuals who seek to thrive in an international challenging and high paced environment.
Maastricht, presence at the Cologne office will occasionally be required.