31 jan Legal Counsel – COFRA Holding
COFRA Holding AG (‘COFRA’), based in Zug, Switzerland, and privately owned, is the holding company of a group of companies located in Europe, North and Latin America and Asia, whose activities include retail (C&A), real estate (Redevco), private equity investment (Bregal) and asset and fund management (Anthos Fund & Asset Management). COFRA operates a number of offices situated in the same location as the operating companies, which provide legal, tax and financial services to the group.
COFRA is united around a common mission – to amaze customers and be a force for good. The enterprise cares deeply about people and the communities it serves, striving to have a lasting positive impact on society and the environment. Like-minded professionals throughout the organisation share in the family owners mission to make a real difference every day.
For the cross border operating Legal team, which is both based in Zug (CH) and Amsterdam (NL), we would like to get in touch with candidates for the position of Legal Counsel (to be based in the Amsterdam office).
The legal counsel role reports to the Senior Legal Manager, responsible for Group Legal Advisory, who is based in Zug. While the majority of the work will be in Amsterdam, some limited travel may be required. The Legal team operates in a family office and business environment with some regulated activities and closely collaborates with a dedicated regulatory, risk and compliance function.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, especially IT, data protection and supplier contracts while working closely together with various departments such as IT and Procurement;
- Advising internal stakeholders on general matters regarding commercial contracting and to provide support to the HR-department in various labour law matters;
- Maintaining contract templates, drafting and reviewing company focused policies and procedures and pro-actively enhancing legal awareness within the various departments in this regard;
- Notifying and training the various departments and the business on relevant legislation, regulations and internal legal procedures and ensure efficient and effective implementation;
- Instructing external lawyers when and where appropriate to ensure the best possible outcome for the business.
- Masters’ degree in Dutch Law and a minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant legal experience, preferably as legal counsel in an international corporate environment and/or an international law firm;
- In depth experience in IT law (incl. data protection law), general contract law and (ideally) relevant knowledge of labour law;
- Passionate about legal challenges related to IT topics and technology, and the ability to work to a large extent independently on IT-related projects;
- Strong contract drafting skills;
- Problem solving and result oriented mindset, and able to deal with the complexity of an organisation with multiple business interests;
- Team player with excellent communication skills, a positive and pragmatic attitude;
- Fluent in Dutch and English. German is an asset.
COFRA has always been a company with strong principles – driven to succeed, but to do it in a way that builds communities, respects the environment and elicits pride in everyone involved. Today, COFRA continues to operate in a way that builds lasting value for all its stakeholders and upholds the ethical philosophy of its founders.
The company welcomes you to live and work by its values:
- Entrepreneurship: Think for yourself, focus on the customer and do it better than before
- Integrity: Be fair and upright in all your dealings. Treat people with respect and act responsibly. An honest, open dialogue leads to better decisions)
- Growth: The business grows and improves when its people grow and improve. Try to cultivate the best of your talents
- Continuity: Build mutually beneficial relationships, adapt and plan for the long term. Solutions have to be sustainable and work for all stakeholders, today and tomorrow
- Dedication: Set yourself high standards. Commit to the cause and to your colleagues. Success is more rewarding when it’s shared
COFRA offers a fulltime position for a highly motivated, business oriented and enthusiastic Legal professional, looking for a challenging and interesting international environment. Possibilities to grow and develop skill. Location Amsterdam with occasionally travelling.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply to receive any further information, please contact Remco Feuth or Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search via mail or phone. Discretion is guaranteed.