06 sep Legal Counsel – Commercial Lawyer – Capgemini
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and has been celebrating its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience, and draws on its tailor made worldwide delivery model (Rightshore, a Capgemini trademark).
You will be part of the Benelux Legal team, which consists of 15 lawyers and is headed by the General Counsel Benelux, advising Capgemini business in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg during sales process, contract negotiations, delivery and dispute resolutions. Capgemini’s legal expert team provides comprehensive support in the areas of IT commercial law, Data Privacy, Security, Competition, Public Procurement, Labour law and Intellectual Property Rights. Focused on business objectives, the legal department creates legal solutions tailored to balance commercial flexibility and risks in delivery.
You will be supporting the commercial legal work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages through to negotiation and post signature issues. This includes the commercial legal work for contract negotiations for the provision of IT, outsourcing (including business process outsourcing) and consultancy services. Furthermore you will support Benelux business units by providing local corporate legal advice and you will be working together with global corporate legal colleagues.
- A pragmatic, driven and hands-on business lawyer with about 3 to 6 years PQE in a law firm or legal department in a multinational company;
- Relevant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, M&A or similar legal project management;
- Strong leadership skills, providing risk assessment advice from a legal perspective with the confidence to influence the business at a senior level and set expectations;
- Proficiency in understanding and managing risks arising out of your work;
- Expert in English and Dutch based verbal and written communications for both formal and informal settings. French language skills an advantage but not essential;
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, foster knowledge sharing and supervise and coach more junior team members as well as team members in another location;
- Capable of delivering training in own area of expertise.
A challenging role within a highly empowered team of business oriented lawyers, working in a dynamic international environment. Unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop skills within a leading company in the field of IT consultancy, technology and outsourcing services. If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Hielke Bruin at Voxius Executive Search, via firstname.lastname@example.org or + 31 85 488 0000. Discretion is guaranteed.