13 nov Legal Counsel IT Law – Ahold Delhaize GSO Legal
Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups, with businesses in the US, Europe and Indonesia. It is a leader in supermarkets and e-commerce, and a company at the forefront of sustainable retailing. A family of great local brands that serves more than 50 million customers each week.
Ahold Delhaize’s Global Support Office (GSO) is based in Zaandam, The Netherlands and consists of various support functions that help to further build Ahold Delhaize’s businesses. One of these functions is the GSO Legal department, which consists of five separate teams with dedicated professionals: Corporate, IT law, Data Privacy law, Intellectual Property and Asset Protection.
To strengthen the GSO Legal department we would like to get in touch with candidates for the position of Legal Counsel IT Law.
As a member of the IT Law team you will join a department that is involved in strategic matters handled by the Global Support Office, especially by the Global IT Sourcing, Information Security and other IT departments. In your role you will give legal advice on a broad range of matters related to IT such as software license agreements, application maitenance and support agreements and SaaS agreements, as well as (internal) policies and dispute resolution if requested. In addition, you will work together within the IT Law Team to think about efficiencies and improvements in way of working and in supporting the Global IT organization.
- Master degree in law, with a minimum of 4 years working experience as a lawyer and/or as in-house counsel;
- In depth experience with IT law and preferably privacy law, strong contract drafting skills;
- Capability to work indepently on large IT-related projects (providing legal advice in respect of IT and legal project management);
- Connector, team player with a hands-on attitude and excellent communication skills, including fluency in English;
- Able to analyse the complexity of an organisation and how to deal with multiple business interests;
- Handling complex work assignments, with potential long term (financial) impact to multiple parts of the business;
- Independent account management through direct communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Quality assurance and knowledge sharing;
- Management of outside counsel is part of your responsibilities;
- Proven interest in technology is a nice to have.
A challenging role within a highly qualified and energetic team of business oriented colleagues. Working in a dynamic international environment, in the corporate heart of one of the world’s largest food retail groups.
Unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop skills and to develop into a legal partner to the Global IT organization and, where desired, work in other legal and/or business areas over time. Close cooperation with colleagues in operating companies in 10 countries, including participating in company-wide expertise groups.