08 Mar Legal Counsel – Nikon
Nikon is a world leader in imaging products. Its technologies continue to play a significant role in defining the photographic industry. Beyond photography, Nikon is also a leading innovator of precision optical lens devices and imaging devices. Based in the European headquarter in Amsterdam, Nikon Holdings Europe B.V. supports all business units across all Nikon Group Companies in Europe.
The purpose of the job is to provide legal support and advice, including Compliance activities, to all Nikon group companies located in Europe, including 3 companies in the Netherlands. You report to the General Manager Legal.
Main Key responsibilities include:
- Providing day-to-day legal support to all business units
- Drafting, reviewing and supporting the negotiating of a broad variety of commercial contracts
- Acting as an advisor on all legal disputes, coordinating and instructing external counsel and taking care of timely and accurate reporting of all disputes within Nikon Europe
- Drafting materials, administering and coordinating trainings for various legal issues
- Setting up guidelines, policies and procedures for European Compliance activities (e.g. data protection, competition law)
- Performing legal administration (e.g. administration of disputes and contracts, and legal expenses)
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Dutch Master degree in law and 5-7 years relevant experience within an international (commercial) legal environment as an international (business) lawyer
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience related to (international) commercial contracting, data protection, competition law, IP and/or corporate law
- Distinctive knowledge and understanding of corporate compliance
Skills and Attribute:
- Excellent communication skills in English, which is the working language of Nikon Europe, and Dutch (written as well as spoken). Knowledge of one or more other languages is a plus
- Internationally minded, able to operate in a diverse and multicultural environment and being proactive
- Strong personality with a keen business acumen, result-driven, a problem-solver who strives for the highest quality in work
An interesting fulltime position for a legal counsel or an attorney-at-law who is ready for the next step in their career and willing to work in an international, multicultural and innovative environment.
- 37,5 hours a week (fulltime)
- Holidays: 26 days per year
- Excellent pension scheme
- Collective health insurance
- Availability of subsidized lunch in canteen
- Discount on Nikon products
If you are interested or if you would like to receive more information, please contact Remco Feuth or Regien Haarbosch (via email@example.com or 085 4880000). Your application will of course be treated confidentially.