19 jul Legal Counsel – UK position – Kindred Group, UK
What started in 1997 as Unibet is today Kindred Group, a diverse team of 1,450 people representing 50 nationalities located across offices in more than 10 locations. Kindred Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm and serves over 25.6 million customers worldwide.
Over the last 20 years, Kindred Group has brought together 11 of Europe’s most successful online gambling brands – forming one of the largest online gambling companies in the world. A high tech company managing more than 22 million transactions every day, the group offers over 20 million customers entertainment in (a.o.) online gaming and sports betting.
Kindred Group’s goal is to be the number one operator across all markets where the company is active. And to get there, they will continue to transform gambling by investing in new technology, exciting products, and above all else, people.
About the role
As a Legal Counsel within Kindred Group, you will be part of the wider legal team that focuses on different markets around the world. You will be responsible for handling legal and regulatory issues covering a number of markets including Germany, Austria and Switzerland. You will be part of a highly-motivated and hardworking group of legal professionals and report directly to the Legal Manager. You will deal with a variety of legal issues in a fast-paced international environment and support the line organisation in compliance matters related to the online betting and gaming industry.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and commercial contracts and providing feedback on legal terms and conditions
- Managing regulatory projects and follow-up on local regulatory developments
- Handling and keeping track of litigation and other administrative procedures
- Advising the line organisation and securing overall compliance with local laws and regulations and mitigating potential risks
- Acting as point of contact with the local authorities, mainly about day-to-day activities
- Providing effective legal advice and support across the business
- Qualified lawyer, with a Master in Laws (NL) or another relevant jurisdiction and at least 4-6 years PQE gained in-house or from a private practice law firm
- Extensive experience in relevant practice areas, such as EU- and competition, IP/IT, Commercial & E-Commerce, Media & Technology, Regulatory or Corporate, etc.
- Commercially minded, bright and fast learning, flexible attitude and able to work in a fast-paced, international and hi-tech business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills combined with proven written and verbal negotiation and communication skills
- Able to work (semi-)autonomously and manage your own workload whilst being part of a motivated legal team
- Dutch speaker with an excellent knowledge of English (and preferably German); additional language skills are highly recommended given the international scope of business within the Company
A challenging role within a highly empowered team of business oriented lawyers. Working in a dynamic international environment. Unique possibilities to learn, to grow and to develop skills within a leading group of companies.
Excellent remuneration and employee benefits package. A fulltime position, based in London (UK), Brussels or Antwerp (Belgium).