05 mrt (Experienced) Legal Counsel – Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group (On Hold)
The Van Leeuwen Pipe and Tube Group is an international distribution company specializing in steel pipes, and pipe and tube applications. The family-owned company, with its head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands, was founded in 1924 and is active in virtually all industrial sectors. The Group, including the recently acquired company Benteler Distribution, has close to a hundred branches spread throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and North America. Van Leeuwen’s 2,700 employees have specialist knowledge of sourcing, processing, project management, logistics and stock planning and work closely together with customers in its markets. The combination of global logistics and knowledge of products and customer applications makes Van Leeuwen a leading company in its markets.
Due to the acquisition of the German company Benteler Distribution in November 2019, the Van Leeuwen Group is now looking for legal professionals to join their growing legal department in Germany and The Netherlands. For the Dutch headquarters in Zwijndrecht, close to Rotterdam, we are now looking for an experienced Legal Counsel.
As an in-house Legal Counsel within the Van Leeuwen Group, you will focus on different international customers around the world. You will be responsible for handling various legal issues covering a number of markets focusing on the business in various regions. Furthermore, you will be part of a highly motivated international team of legal professionals (shortly expanding to five legal professionals) and report directly to the General Counsel of the Group in the Netherlands.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and a broad variety of commercial contracts (IT, sales, procurement etc.);
- Providing feedback on legal terms and conditions;
- Develop and implement standard contracts and framework agreements for the business;
- Handling and keeping track of claims, litigation and other administrative procedures;
- Liaising and managing outside counsel whenever required;
- Providing effective and practical legal advice and support across the business;
- Coordinate and conduct legal and compliance training at local entities in the region;
- Assist with legal audits at the various entities;
- Assist and advise the Compliance Officer from time to time on compliance policies;
- Review Parent Performance /Warranty and Bank Guarantees.
- Academic degree in Dutch law and at least 6 years working experience as an in-house lawyer in a comparable international industry or as a commercial lawyer within a law firm;
- Extensive experience in relevant practice areas, with a focus on commercial law;
- Proven problem solving ability, flexibility to rearrange priorities and ability to work under pressure;
- International mindset and organizational sensitivity;
- Commercially minded, hands on attitude and fast learning;
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills as well as verbal negotiation and communication skills;
- Full proficiency in Dutch and English, additional language skills are highly recommended.
A full time challenging role within a highly motivated team of business oriented lawyers. Based at the head offices of the Group in a modern office building in Zwijndrecht, near Rotterdam with a stunning view over the Oude Maas. Working in a truly international environment. The recent acquisition offers unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills within a leading group of companies. Excellent remuneration and employee benefits package. Occasionally travelling.