28 sep Legal & Privacy Counsel – Medline
Medline is a leading global healthcare company providing quality medical and surgical supplies with superior value throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Medline holds top-tier market share in more than a dozen major medical product categories around the world. In Europe, the company employs more than 800 associates throughout 16 European countries.
Due to the rapid growth of the business activities, Medline’s European Legal & Compliance team is in need of expansion and is now looking for a Legal & Privacy Counsel to complement this team.
This dynamic role covers a wide variety of responsibilities. You will advise and support the European headquarters, product divisions and local sales teams and be responsible for handling contracts and legal issues including corporate, commercial and data protection topics. Reporting to the Legal Director Europe, this position will be based at Medline’s headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands. You will also work in close cooperation with the Senior Compliance Officer and the Data Protection Officer.
In this role you:
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for international commercial business relations (supply, distribution, agency, warehouse, IT, logistics and consulting);
- Assist with data protection compliance matters, including the drafting and reviewing of data protection agreements (DPA’s) and the coordination of privacy risk assessments;
- Support legal risk management efforts, including the identification and implementation of new legislation;
- Provide practicable legal advice and present recommendations to functional departments;
- Advise management on dispute resolution and other corporate matters;
- Manage and allocate outside counsel efficiently;
- Participate in multidisciplinary international (project) teams;
- Observe core values such as integrity, respect and quality, and be a role model for others accordingly.
- A Law degree (from any EU country), with at least 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience in an international business environment;
- Thorough experience with data protection matters in the EEA, including knowledge of the GDPR and other relevant applicable data protection laws and regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with commercial contracts, general contract law as well as the evolving legal regime applicable to a highly regulated industry (preferably within the medical devices industry);
- Full professional fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively in order to take initiative and advise on a wide variety of legal matters;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to influence across cultures and disciplines;
- A good commercial sense with the ability to understand legal issues quickly and provide commercially sound and practical solutions to the business;
- A down-to-earth business partner who is capable of working in a dynamic environment, whilst upholding high legal standards and preserving legal compliance.
An interesting fulltime position within a continuously growing market leading healthcare company. You will be a key player in a fast moving company in a truly international environment. Medline offers you the opportunity to grow and develop yourself as well as a competitive remuneration and employee benefits package.