04 jun Senior Corporate Counsel & Company Secretary
Our client is a Dutch company, that is currently planning for a US stock exchange listing. The company operates R&D and manufacturing facilities in the Netherlands and employs a staff of skilled technicians and highly educated scientists in their field of expertise.
On behalf of the company, we are seeking to recruit a business oriented Senior Corporate Counsel & Company Secretary.
Note: Additional information about the company and its goals and strategy for the upcoming years will only be shared with interested and potentially qualifying candidates after personal contact with our consultants, and after committing to a non-disclosure agreement.
Within the Company’s Legal Department, you will primarily focus on the corporate and securities law aspects related to a listed company and on additional finance related matters. In this position you will also act as Corporate Secretary, supporting the Board, the Supervisory Board and the Chief Legal Officer.
In addition, you have responsibility for Legal compliance related activities.
The Senior Corporate Counsel reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer and will be a member of the senior management group advising the Executive Management Committee.
- Dutch qualified lawyer with at least 8-10 years PQE;
- gained within a Corporate/M&A or Finance practice of a top tier law firm, preferably in combination with several years of work experience in the Corporate Legal department of an international company;
- highly knowledgeable with regard to Dutch corporate law and corporate governance, as well as regulations related to a US public listing, including broad experience with legal compliance;
- strategically minded self-starter with excellent legal analytical skills, flexibility in picking up additional tasks, including contracting matters, in a small experienced Legal team
- able to professionalize and shape the corporate governance function and further implement the company’s compliance projects;
- experience in a science/technology driven and/or highly regulated industry is a plus;
- pragmatic and well-organized personality with sound communication skills, fluent in Dutch and English.
- challenging senior position, new role within the organization;
- close contact both with top tier law firms in the Netherlands and the USA and with highly professional colleagues within multidisciplinary teams in the Netherlands;
- within an inspiring informal organization with ambitious growth plans;
- excellent opportunities for further personal development.
If you wish to apply or receive any further information about this role, please contact Hielke Bruin, Friso van Deursen or Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius Executive Search, via mail or telephone (office number +31 85 488 000 or via our consultant’s mobile numbers, as listed on our website). Discretion is guaranteed. Given the confidentiality of this process, we will ask you to sign a NDA before any client information can be disclosed.