19 jun Senior Legal Counsel – listed international company, focus on corporate/finance
Our client is a publicly traded company at NYSE Euronext.
The company is headquartered in the Netherlands, Amsterdam and has operating entities in the Netherlands, United States, and the MENA region and employs approximately 3,000 employees. The (one-tier) Board has a collective responsibility for the management, general affairs and strategy of the company. The operating entities independently manage their day-to-day operations under guidance of the executive management based in London and Amsterdam.
Currently the company is in a phase of further strengthening its Group Legal Department in line with the company’s strategy, therefore they seek to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel to support the lean and solid team.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be part of the Group Legal Department in Amsterdam. This Group consists of an EVP Legal &HR/Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, a Deputy General Counsel, a Legal Counsel and a Paralegal.
The department is responsible for risk mitigation by pro-active identification and management of legal, regulatory and compliance risks in relation to, amongst others, corporate law (including corporate governance), contracting, banking & finance, compliance and litigation within the Group.
In general the Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- engaging with business management from a legal domain view in corporate, banking and finance related matters;
- supporting and advising the business on contracting (banking, finance and operational) and legal aspects;
- assisting in M&A projects;
- legal assistance of the business with respect to claims and litigation;
- managing all banking and finance related transactions;
- advising and supporting the EVP Legal & HR and Deputy General Counsel on commercial contracting for the operation entities not having legal inhouse support;
- managing internal and external relations;
- monitoring changes in relevant legislation and regulations and taking appropriate action.
The Senior Legal Counsel will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
- Master’s degree in Dutch law and 6-9 years working experience within an (international) law firm combined with experience as in-house counsel in an international (publicly) company;
- good knowledge of banking & finance law, corporate law including M&A and commercial contracting;
- high standard of integrity, business ethics, honesty and personal integrity;
- self-starter, pragmatic, independent, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a high-paced environment;
- strong personality, team player with a keen business acumen, good communication skills and an international mindset;
- responsible, flexible and culture-sensitive, ability to build sustainable relationships at all levels of the organization;
- fluent command of English (both oral as in writing) and Dutch.
A great opportunity for a legal professional who is ready for the next step in its in-house career and willing to work in an international, high paced and solid company.