26 nov Regional Legal Counsel EMEA & APAC – Corbion
Corbion is global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. By making use of their unique expertise in fermentation and other processes they deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food, food production, health and above all our planet.
At Corbion they live their brand promise “Keep creating”, through their science, clear understanding of markets they serve and of course through their creative people. The strategy and every aspect of their operations are built around advancing sustainability and applying high ethical standards, whether this relates to management of the global supply chain, responsible procurement of the raw materials or safety and wellbeing of their people.
The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam, headquartered in Amsterdam and employs approximately 2,260 employees.
The Legal & Compliance Department is headed by a VP Legal & Company Secretary and set up as a matrix organization with dedicated General Counsels providing global support for Corbion’s three business units (Lactic Acid & Specialties, Sustainable Food Solutions and Algae Ingredients/Open Innovation). The General Counsels are supported by Regional Legal Counsel for Latin America, North America and EMEA and APAC, they provide support in the regions to all business units/functions. The Legal & Compliance Team currently consists of 9 professionals, based in Amsterdam, Gorinchem, Sao Paulo and Kansas.
Currently the legal department is expanding and seeks to recruit a highly collaborative, practical business-oriented Regional Legal Counsel (7-10 year PQE).
As Regional Legal Counsel you will provide and manage a full range of legal services supporting all of the company’s business divisions and operations throughout EMEA and APAC. You will be able to handle a wide range of legal matters, including day-to-day and complex legal projects. You will have a practical business and solution-oriented approach and will be highly collaborative, having strong values and ethics.
The main responsibilities for this position will include, but not limited to;
- providing high quality legal services in a wide range of areas;
- supporting commercial transactions including as a key member of commercial teams advising on and drafting and negotiating agreements (including e.g. distribution, sales, procurement, agency, license, confidentiality), engaging in critical negotiations with counter-parties;
- acting as a business partner and providing assistance to different departments, such as procurement, supply chain, IT and the closely cooperating with the IP department;
- proactive litigation management including advice and strategy regarding avoiding or preparing for litigation, alternative dispute resolution and managing outside litigation costs;
- collaborating within the Legal Team in sharing practices and drafting agreements;
- providing internal training and creating legal awareness.
In this position you will be a key member of the EMEA/APAC regional team and will report to the General Counsel Lactic Acid & Specialties.
Post-COVID, occasional travel within the region and overseas will be part of this position (10%).
- Dutch qualified lawyer with 7-10 years working experience within an (international) commercial legal environment as an in-house legal counsel preferably combined with experience in private practice;
- extensive knowledge of (international) commercial contracting preferably in combination with knowledge of competition law;
- experienced in or strong knowledge of IT-contracting is considered a strong plus, so is having experience in a similar industry (e.g. chemicals, raw materials, ingredients or pharmaceutical);
- pragmatic, independent, curious, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment;
- strong and ambitious personality, team player with a keen business acumen, good communication skills and an international mindset;
- fluent command of English (both oral as in writing) and Dutch.
A challenging position for an ambitious legal professional being one of the sparring partners in the EMEA/APAC region. Working in an international, innovative and collaborative environment with a strong focus on sustainability. Fulltime or parttime (32 hours) position, hybrid working is possible by combining working from home with working at the Gorinchem (at least 2 days a week) and/or Amsterdam offices.
If the above appeals to you and you wish to apply or to receive any further information, please contact Terry Verheij or Judith van Haersma Buma at Voxius via e-mail or phone (+31 854 880 000). Discretion is guaranteed.