06 sep Commercial Legal Counsel – AkzoNobel (Successfully filled)
AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and major producer of specialty chemicals.
Akzo Nobel Specialty Chemicals supplies customers around the world with ingredients for the manufacture of life’s essentials. Specialty chemicals are used in paints, detergents, foods, plastics, cosmetics, construction, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agriculture and for producing petroleum products. Specialty Chemicals is a strong and profitable business with highly skilled and motivated employees.
The Commercial Legal Counsel plays an essential role to safeguard the strategic objectives of the assigned business and to ensure a limited (legal) risk exposure within a broad scope of commercial legal topics. You will interact with various stakeholders, including (senior) business leaders. In close contact with the senior counsel within the legal team, you will handle matters individually with significant opportunity and exposure to the company.
- 5-7 years relevant working experience at a renowned law firm and/or at an in-house legal department
- Solid experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements and legal documents
- Hands-on, strong business focus and flexible
- Top level analytical, counselling, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
- Work at a very successful and dynamic company
- Direct contact with both business and management
- Independent role with a lot of flexibility and corresponding responsibility
- Guidance and support from the experienced legal team
- Situated at headquarters Amsterdam