06 sep Corporate lawyer – NLMK (Successfully filled)
NLMK International BV, the parent company of the NLMK Group, was incorporated in the Netherlands on December 15, 2006, with the functions of asset management and providing business services to the Group’s member companies. Its offices are located in the WTC building in Amsterdam.
The NLMK Group is a leading international manufacturer of high-quality steel products with a vertically integrated business model. Mining and steelmaking are concentrated in cost-efficient regions; finished products are manufactured close to our main customers in Russia, North America, and the EU. The European manufacturing facilities include six plants that are located in Belgium, Italy, France and Denmark. Currently, we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Corporate Lawyer for our offices in Amsterdam.
You will become part of a small team and will provide legal support on a broad range of legal issues in various domains of law (except tax law). You also review, negotiate and draft a wide range of proposals and contracts. The follow-up and coordination of litigation is also part of your responsibility. You will be reporting to and working in close co-operation with the Managing Director of NLMK International BV (Head Legal of the NLMK group). You will be responsible for managing the Corporate Paralegal.
In short, this function offers you the possibility to expand your experience in different domains in a varied and challenging function and to enrich your experience.
The candidate is / has:
- a law degree, preferably with a specialization in corporate and/or finance law;
- 5-10 years working experience, preferably relevant experience in commercial or contract law gained at a law firm or the in-house legal department of a multinational company;
- a solid knowledge of Dutch law and regulations governing contracts;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English, preferably also in Russian;
- you have the ability to draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts consistent with established business goals and legal mandates (such as letters of intent, memorandum of understanding, all sort of agreements);
- experience with international arbitration or desire and willingness to work in this regard;
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse and international group of people;
- pragmatic, service and solution-minded;
- well organised, stress-resistant and autonomous – capable to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams;
- flexible and proactive (can-do attitude);
- professionalism in the way to handle confidential matters + professionalism in the way minutes/documents to be published are drafted;
- able to work well with all levels of management.
- Challenging position for an experienced lawyer who is able to manage multiple tasks;
- Important role in an international and informal environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Fulltime position.