24 jun Corporate Legal Counsel (5 to 8 years PQE) – Total Holding Netherlands (Successfully filled
Total Holding Netherlands (THNL), with offices in The Hague, is a subsidiary of Total S.A. with Head Offices in Paris. Total S.A. is involved in the exploration & production and marketing of oil & natural gas, solar energy and bioenergy. The company is active in over 130 countries and employs 100,000 people. THNL is the holding company of around 80 affiliates.
For THNL we seek to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel (5 to 8 years PQE).
Your main tasks will include:
- Provide legal support to THNL and its Holding/Financing subsidiaries;
- Provide legal support to THNL affiliates with a foreign activity, when required by HQ or the local Legal Department;
- Conduct the creation of BV companies under THNL, liquidations, name changes, transfers of shares, legalizations, and any shareholder restructuring within the THNL group;
- Ensure that all registrations are performed in accordance with Dutch legislation;
- Organize THNL statutory meetings and draw up related reports and minutes;
- Liaise with Legal HQ in Paris and/or legal local contact for a follow-up of the claims/litigations of foreign subsidiaries;
- Monitoring changes in legislation and communicate on the impacts for the business;
- Assist during internal and external audits;
- Management of the para-legal counselor.
In this postion you will report the Head of THNL Finance Control and Legal and to the Vice President Legal Netherlands. You will have a para-legal counselor as a direct report.
- A Dutch law degree;
- 5 to 8 years of working experience with Dutch corporate law in private practice (as a deputy civil law notary or solicitor) and/or as an in-house Legal Counsel;
- Extensive experience with drafting and reviewing of contracts;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Well organized and capable of working indepently.
A challenging position for an ambitious corporate lawyer in an international environment and as part of a Legal Department with experienced lawyers. Total offers (international) career opportunities, a competitive salary and excellent secondary employment benefits. The possibility to work fulltime or 4 days a week.