06 sep General Counsel & Compliance Director – Vanderlande (Succesvol ingevuld)
About the Company
Vanderlande is a global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market and is a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 5,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of in 2016 more than EUR 1.1 billion, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
Recently, Toyota Industries Corporation’s (TICO) acquired Vanderlande. In 2016 the company was proclaimed as the Best Employer of the Netherlands.
Currently, we are seeking to recruit the
General Counsel & Compliance Director
As General Counsel & Compliance Director (GC) you are responsible for the global legal and compliance functions and act as Secretary of the Supervisory Board. The GC will be the legal conscience of Vanderlande and will be responsible for adherence to the mandatory ways of working. You are responsible for all Legal issues including Contracting, Corporate, M&A, Compliance, Insurance and Litigation. You will further optimize the legal team and its operational processes. You report to the CFO and act as a trusted advisor for the Board and as a true business partner for the entire global operation.
- Seasoned legal professional with experience in a comparable end-responsible in-house position, ready to perform on all aspects;
- Thorough knowledge of broad compliance, corporate law and contract law, gained in an international environment;
- Comfortable to act as organizational conscience, balancing sound regulatory compliance with a hands-on business culture;
- Acting on senior (board) level with solid understanding of – and comfortably dealing with diverse stakeholder interests;
- Cultural and organizational sensitive, strong business sense and flexible attitude;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with solid understanding of legal operations;
- Proactive, inspiring team manager and individual coach with no-nonsense attitude.
- Ultimate responsible role within globally operating, fast growing, venturous company with a strong market position in growing markets;
- Part of a winning team;
- Strategic function, with broad responsibilities;
- Key position between board, business and shareholder;
- Wide scope and involvement, also outside legal;
- Able to contribute directly to the transition process and future of the company.