06 sep General Counsel – PostNL (Successfully filled)
PostNL is the essential link between the physical and the online world. The company facilitates communications between people and companies. On average, PostNL delivers 550,000 parcels and nine million letters each day throughout the Netherlands.
PostNL operates a modern mail, parcels and e-commerce network in the Benelux, has activities in Italy and Germany and offers global services through its subsidiary Spring, operating as an autonomous broker for PostNL. Combining a loyal workforce of approximately 46,000 people, extensive networks and the drive to keep innovating, PostNL is ideally positioned to realize her ambition of being the leading postal and logistic solutions provider in her chosen markets.
On behalf of PostNL we invite ambitious and enterprising business lawyers to discuss the vacant position of General Counsel, who will help our client to realize their goals.
The General Counsel advises the Board of Management (“BoM”), Executive Committee (EC) and the directors of the business units on matters of (strategic) legal nature, with the objective of managing legal risks and creating legal conditions for commercial opportunities. Areas of legal matters include corporate, regulatory, commercial and M&A related legal matters. The General Counsel manages a legal team consisting of 16 highly qualified professionals.
- University degree in Law with at least 12 years of relevant experience in a large law firm and/or an international group company;
- Broad and deep knowledge of various legal areas including corporate, regulatory (postal law, competition, listing related etc.) commercial and M&A and solid working knowledge of financial concepts;
- Organizational sensitivity with a keen eye for the needs and communication style of various stakeholders within the company and the ability to advise and support senior management;
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills with the ability to focus and and offer guidance to a team of ambitious (junior) lawyers and paralegals;
- Proactive business partner with excellent negotiation skills, who recognizes business opportunities and drives risk assessment throughout PostNL;
- Unifying leader in order to bridge possible differences with great communication skills and a solid sense of humour;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (preferably Dutch as native language);
An important and challenging position in a highly visible, innovation oriented, listed and regulated company in transformation, fitting a result driven legal manager with ambition and desire for personal growth.